I tried searching, but I couldn�t get the search terms right. Hopefully, someone here can help me out.

Late last week, I got my Gmail account setup as the e-mail account that gets pushed instantly to my 8330. I love that part, however, I don�t like how the e-mails also show up in my messages folder as well. How do I stop them from showing up in there? Thanks.
    12-22-08 08:11 AM
    I was JUST about to make this topic!
    12-22-08 08:11 AM
    what mesaages u talking about ? Emails or sms & mms ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 08:17 AM
    My pushed e-mails are showing up in the "Messages" folder as well as the e-mail app. I only want them to show up in the e-mail app.
    12-22-08 08:20 AM
    My pushed e-mails are showing up in the "Messages" folder as well as the e-mail app. I only want them to show up in the e-mail app.
    I do not think that can be stopped. I habe my emails and sms messages separated. Click on sms and options the look for email and sms then separate. I then hide my messages folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-08 08:26 AM
    Ok, I think I remember seeing a while back that people seperate sms and e-mails into seperate folders. How do I do that?
    12-22-08 08:29 AM
    I figured it out. Go to your messages folder, select Options -> General Options and select SMS and Email -> Separate. Then a SMS folder will popup on the apps list so you can hide the messages folder.
    12-22-08 08:36 AM
    Nevermind, I just figured it out.

-Go into Messages
    -Select "Options" from the menu
    -Then select "General Options"
    -Under "SMS and Email Inboxes", select "Separate"
    -Then just hide the "Messages" folder leaving only your SMS messages.
    12-22-08 08:38 AM
    Good job Thansenite, although this issue and fix is posted all over CB... I asked it when i first started...I liked having the icon for the e-mail account so when you highlighted it it showed the e-mail address and how many e-mails were not read. I just deleted and recreated the account and it split the SMS and e-mails.
    Last edited by ghostshell; 12-22-08 at 11:58 AM.
    12-22-08 10:29 AM
    I don't mind mine being together really. It makes it easy to sift through everything at once.
    12-22-08 02:08 PM
    The messages icon comes in handy if you have multipe e-mail accounts on your device. All e-mails from all of your accounts will go into this folder, so you don't have to open individual folders for each e-mail account...
    12-22-08 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD