I have a BB 8320 and use T-Mobile. I have Desktop Manager 4.6

While on the desktop, I noticed a "check for updates" link and found a new desktop version at the BB website. Thinking I was being proactive and smart, I downloaded the version, installed it and VIOLA! lost all my sound in the media card.

After hours of trying myself, and finally getting great help at T-Mobile, turns out the new 4.7 isn't supported by T-Mobile right now.

I had to do a hard reset and bring the BB back to factory specs to get everything back. 7 hours of trouble taught me a lesson.

So, before you do any updates of your Desktop, check with your provider to make sure it's supported.
    01-02-09 05:50 PM
    Agree - I usually wait until I see it available on the carriers website before I download it.
    01-02-09 10:44 PM
    Thank you for posting this!. Im running 4.6 DM and I updated lastnight to 4.7 but the media part is grayed out. So either way it is not working for me so I will go back to 4.6 since I am with T-mobile. Thank you.
    01-03-09 08:12 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I have 4.7 DM again after numerous attempts to get roxio media manager to work with no avail. For now things are running smooth but still a lot of kinks need to be wrked out by RIM.
    01-03-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD