When i went to install the software it was responding extremely slowly and it very slow to install. Is this normal. I am running vista, could that be it.
    01-04-08 08:11 PM
    Same thing happened to me with Vista but it eventually loaded. It kept not responding when I would click on things and the all of a sudden start up and open up the few windows I had clicked since I thought it was not working.

Others have said they installed on Vista with no problems at all.
    01-04-08 09:22 PM
    Yes it eventualy installed. I was jsut making sure it wasnt something i was doing wrong lol. Good old Vista........
    01-04-08 09:24 PM
    Same thing is happening with me, I'm trying to install the CD that the phone came with, and it won't even load, why is this?
    01-05-08 02:01 AM
    Just give it some time ohmyyikes. It took some time then when it finaly came up i had a bunch of windows open lol from all the times i clicked on it. Also make sure the phone isnt connected while trying to do this.
    01-05-08 02:58 AM
    I had the same problem until I downloaded the latest version from RIM. That one installed like every other program and runs great. I am running Vista also.
    01-05-08 03:40 AM
    I had the same problem and ended up removing the program from my computer and starting all over. It seemed to get stuck during the Roxio media manager DL but somehow i worked the second time thru.
    01-05-08 07:59 AM
    Emptydarkone do you have a link from where you DL the latest version? When i hook up the BB it keeps trying to find drivers for it now. Going to uninstall and retry it.
    01-06-08 01:50 PM
    I am unsuccesful in getting windows Vista Ultimate to succesfully restart after installation of desktop v4.2 or 4.3.
    I tried V4.2 twice utilizing the CD that came w my curve.
    I tried v4.3 once from the web.
    After install, windows needs to restart and i get the "circle of death" after logging on.
    After a hard shut down and turn on, I could use the BB desktop manager software and syncronize w Outlook.
    However, with the BB desktop software installed, Vista will NOT start properly.
    I spoke with Dell and we're pretty sure it has nothing to do w hardware / OS malfunction. I think it is related to Roxio as another member indicated.
    Any ideas?
    I'm new here so...
    Gordon
    01-06-08 04:08 PM
    Emptydarkone do you have a link from where you DL the latest version? When i hook up the BB it keeps trying to find drivers for it now. Going to uninstall and retry it.
    I'm not sure if this link will work for you as it's for AT&T, but I should think the desktop software should be the same across the board.

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...2JEBpSLI+irw**

Just select the BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 (English) and download it. That's the one I used and had no problems. Good Luck!
    01-06-08 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD