um..just port your number to ATT and buy a Curve...you do not need a data plan on ATT

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 12:48 PM
    The OP could just happen to like the size, form factor, etc of the phone.

Despite the over-glorifying of the BB that goes on here it is just a
    regular phone

What in the OP's question led you to this massively insulting, uncalled for
    attack on their reason for wanting the Curve.

All the OP said was they need to replace a dying Treo and wanted to
    know if they could use the Curve without data. That question has been answered.
    But this last bit from you was just unwarranted. Sorry, but
    it was
    Thank you Amazingly. You said it best. I went to Verizon and tried all the phones that would fit my needs (not knowing about the need for a data plan even though I mentioned I would not have it initially) and the BB Curve felt best in my hand and suited my needs for size, reliability, and programs. Then I did a bit more research, found this site and asked a question. Anyone can see I am new to the boards and new to BB from my post so I appreciate your sincerity and response.
    07-13-08 02:06 PM
    Sorry if i got into a rant, but I just get tired of seeing that type of post all the time. Everyone wants a berry but no one wants to pay for it, except for the people that know it's purpose. I am very passionate about blackberry and I just personally don't understand why anyone would not want a data plan with it. I am not trying to insult, sorry if I offened anyone. This was not at all directed towards the OP. Others had made comments like "Just activate the service and then cancel it." Which is untrue with Verizon. I just wanted to make sure incorrect info wasn't given out in those regards.
    I can no longer see your original post but I see the bits and pieces of it from someone else's post who quoted it. I also see your 'rant' here and it is a rant. I will apologize for posting a question that has been posted here before but I am new to the boards and came here for a defintitive answer when Verizon was closed last night.

More importantly, I picked the Curve because it felt best in my hand, seems to have an excellent track record, had great reception, has the programs I need etc.

Also, I am not asking you to understand why I like the phone. I also certainly would never buy a phone because of the name alone (other than it seems to be a quality product) or to have it in my hand to look important. I dont wear designer clothes or have a lot of money. I became disabled 2 1/2 years ago because of a severe leg injury, had several surgeries and lost my job during that time. Spending even an extra 30 dollars a month on something I don't need right now is just something I cannot jusity until I am working again, which hopefully will be soon.

I know I am important without a BB phone or any cell phone for that matter...if someone needs one to feel important, they need tons of therapy. By someone, I don't mean you but your post was uncalled for. I merely asked a question. Now I have my answer.
    07-13-08 02:22 PM
    And you MUST stay on Verizon? You can get cheaper plans on T-Mobile for the curve and unlimited data.

Just a thought because I've had Verizon and I don't like the way they have to squeeze every last penny out of their customers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes I need to as I just renewed about 6 months ago when I was given 4000 free minutes for the year. Also, my brother, many of my friends and both my parents are with verizon. The IN calling makes it a lot less expensive. Thanks for the advice though.
    07-13-08 02:25 PM
    Wrong!!!!

As for the whole dilemna about getting a curve with no data plan, maybe you should hold on until you have the money. You said it would be about 2 months from now. I don't think that youre NE2 will expire just because you had to wait a couple of more months, it just means that your next NE2 will become effective on the day you purchase the new phone.

Hope this helped.
    As long as my Treo isn't dead, that is what I might have to do. I just would hate for it to die then have to wait for a new cell. I have only a cell right now, no landline.
    07-13-08 02:27 PM
    Gbreeze is correct you CANNOT activate a BB without the data plan. If you try to cancel the bb data they will tell you that it is not possible. Basically the system will not let you take it off the plan so there is no way around it, you either pay the $29.99 or you have to switch out of a blackberry.

If you don't want to pay the $29.99 I would wait to get the bb.
    07-13-08 04:14 PM
    Thank you Miami
    07-13-08 05:02 PM
    Gbreeze: I was not challenging your explanation of
    how data and VZW works at all,
    which is why I did not quote it. You summed that part
    up nicely and with no ambiguity. Just so you know.
    07-13-08 05:08 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD