My Tmobile BB Curve has decided it didn't want to connect this morning and I can't figure out what to do.

Usually when I plug it into the computer the pop up will come on my phone asking if I want to connect but the lightening bolt that indicates that it is charging briefly appears.

I'm sure it's not the USB cord or the Port I connected my Digi cam in both ports and it worked fine, I'm not sure if that means much but just as an example.

I also have Windows Vista and I've never had this problem before, hopefully someone has a response to help me out, thanks a bunch.
    03-26-08 10:56 PM
    Maybe it's the ports on your berry. Also have you tried hard reseting your berry. While it's on, pull the battery out. and wait about ten seconds and then put it back in again.
    03-27-08 12:32 AM
    Had same issue. Try a different USB port on your pc.
    03-27-08 12:34 AM
    Maybe it's the ports on your berry. Also have you tried hard reseting your berry. While it's on, pull the battery out. and wait about ten seconds and then put it back in again.
    How do I reset it? I've taken the batter out while its on, that changed nothing.

Had same issue. Try a different USB port on your pc.
    I have 3 ports on my pc, tried them all.
    03-27-08 11:29 AM
    Is your mass media storage mode on? Options>media card>mass storage mode on yes/no.

You said you are connecting to the PC, but I wanted to double check that you are not going through a USB hub right? I found out last night that my device doesn't like my USB hub and caused my bb to die during an OS upgrade. When I tried it directly to the PC, it worked fine.
    03-27-08 11:40 AM
    Is your mass media storage mode on? Options>media card>mass storage mode on yes/no.

You said you are connecting to the PC, but I wanted to double check that you are not going through a USB hub right? I found out last night that my device doesn't like my USB hub and caused my bb to die during an OS upgrade. When I tried it directly to the PC, it worked fine.
    Yes it's on. I actually have a laptop. What is a USB hub? All I know is that I've had this phone since December and I always hook it up to this laptop I've never even plugged it in anywhere else. It doesn't even charge when I hook it up.

All I want to do is put music on my phone, lol, I'm tired of the same music I have on here! Is there an alternative way if anything?
    03-27-08 07:41 PM
    yes there is definately an alternate way, you can use bluetooth to transfer files from your PC to ur BB. As long as you have a bluetooth pc or a bluetooth dongle.
    03-27-08 07:50 PM
    yes there is definately an alternate way, you can use bluetooth to transfer files from your PC to ur BB. As long as you have a bluetooth pc or a bluetooth dongle.
    How do I do that? And how do I know if I have a bluetooth pc?

And I hope this isn't a dumb question bus does this require me to purchase a bluetooth headset.

And isn't there something I can insert my Micro SD into and insert it in the computer? I don't know what that's called exactly but I do know that a lot of digi cams have it.
    03-27-08 10:23 PM
    How old is your comp, if it is 2 or more years older most likely you don't have bluetooth. In order for you to connect your BB to your comp via bluetooth, you will require a usb bluetooth dongle(do a google search and you will see). As far as plugging your card into your comp, you will require a micro SD card adapter and media card reader. Best advice would be to do a google search or visit a local electronic store. Lastly a bluetooth headset is used for talking or listing to music wirelessly, no relation regarding transferring files from pc to BB.
    03-27-08 10:43 PM
    How old is your comp, if it is 2 or more years older most likely you don't have bluetooth. In order for you to connect your BB to your comp via bluetooth, you will require a usb bluetooth dongle(do a google search and you will see). As far as plugging your card into your comp, you will require a micro SD card adapter and media card reader. Best advice would be to do a google search or visit a local electronic store. Lastly a bluetooth headset is used for talking or listing to music wirelessly, no relation regarding transferring files from pc to BB.
    Its an HP with Windows Vista and I bought it in August of 07.

I think I found a dongle on amazon it's called BLUETOOTH 1.2/2.0 USB 2.0 100M, I don't know if that's correct. I can't post URLs because I don't have 10 posts. It's about 10 dollars though.
    03-27-08 11:32 PM
    That will do as long as it supports 1.0 and 2.0 you should have no problems. Before you decide to purchase the bluetooth dongle, have you tried to uninstall everything related to BBs off your computer, especially the drivers. Vista was major cause of my issues the first time i tried connecting my BB to it. Also update your vista with SP1, because after i did the SP1 update I never had another issue connecting my BB with my comp.
    03-27-08 11:37 PM
    That will do as long as it supports 1.0 and 2.0 you should have no problems. Before you decide to purchase the bluetooth dongle, have you tried to uninstall everything related to BBs off your computer, especially the drivers. Vista was major cause of my issues the first time i tried connecting my BB to it. Also update your vista with SP1, because after i did the SP1 update I never had another issue connecting my BB with my comp.
    I don't know what you mean about the drivers. I uninstalled my dekstop manager though and even downloaded a newer version, still nothing. I don't know what SP1 is.
    03-27-08 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD