I've had my BB for a while now and it's always been the same. I've been through MOPS, I've searched on the forum, but I don't have all the extra apps it seems others have when they're having this issue.

My File Free: 10947317

These are the apps on my phone:
    BB4.5.0 Core Apps
    BB 4.5.0 System Software
    BB Attachment Service
    BB Messenger
    Browser
    Email Setup Application
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Phone
    Tasks
    Yahoo Messenger

I only have the standard themes installed.

I'm not sure what else I can do at this point to free up memory. I've done the Memory Cleaner, Battery Pulls, and I haven't been able to get over 12000000 in forever.

Any advice?
    11-25-09 07:57 PM
    What about pictures? Do u save them to your phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 08:00 PM
    All pictures, ringtones, mp3 files, videos, etc are saved to my SD card. I save nothing on my phone.
    11-25-09 08:02 PM
    I just double checked to see if there were apps running in the background and there were only the 5 you can't close.

I did find 2 pictures saved to my phone and deleted those, and my File Free is now 12338213.

But honestly, I got this phone for the possibility to add apps. I had all these features, minus the map, on my Samsung Katalyst.
    11-25-09 08:07 PM
    well this happened to me what they told me to do was

left ALT + LGLG in that order then clear your activity log and then go to your browser go to options then chache and clear your history cookies and ect this always works for me
    11-25-09 08:31 PM
    Thank you! I did that and am now at 13962513. Is this as good as it gets for me? For such a high tech device, it seems so limited.
    11-25-09 08:38 PM
    You can use Shrink a OS and remove more stuff from your OS. Things like TTY hearing aid support, voice activated dialing, setup wizard, carrier themes, password keeper, task manager, brickbreaker, etc. If you don't use those things.

Then use loader.exe to remove it from your BB after they are removed from your OS folder on your computer.

You could probably gain an additional 5mb more file free memory.

11-25-09 08:49 PM
    Thank you. I'll have to see what of those are still on here. I know for sure quite a few of those are already deleted.
    11-25-09 09:02 PM
    do you know if 83300 face plate will work on 8330 curve thanks im new
    11-25-09 09:05 PM
    do you know if 83300 face plate will work on 8330 curve thanks im new
    If you mean 8300 faceplate on an 8330, then no, it won't work.

FYI, it is bad forum etiquette to interject a totally unrelated topic in an ongoing discussion. It is called hijaking a thread.

11-25-09 09:55 PM
    And don't do it again!!!! Lol

11-26-09 02:16 AM
    frreshh - thanks 4 the info... my 8310 was giving me the whiney "file system full" note when i was trying to save a new picture. took over 2800 pictures off the phone, empty out media card, then the pictures off the media section. ..and it was still whining the same msg day b4 yestrday. was almost ready to take the sledge hammer and strike the "any" key.

we'll see how it works today - Happy Thanksgiving!
    11-26-09 10:04 AM
    I've had my BB for a while now and it's always been the same. I've been through MOPS, I've searched on the forum, but I don't have all the extra apps it seems others have when they're having this issue.

BB4.5.0 Core Apps
    BB 4.5.0 System Software
    BB Attachment Service
    BB Messenger
    Browser
    Email Setup Application
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Phone
    Tasks
    Yahoo Messenger

I'm not sure what else I can do at this point to free up memory. I've done the Memory Cleaner, Battery Pulls, and I haven't been able to get over 12000000 in forever.

Any advice?
    I just double checked to see if there were apps running in the background and there were only the 5 you can't close.

I did find 2 pictures saved to my phone and deleted those, and my File Free is now 12338213.

But honestly, I got this phone for the possibility to add apps. I had all these features, minus the map, on my Samsung Katalyst.
    I think you may find a big chunk of memory hiding in the settings.

You mentioned finding 2 pictures saved to device memory. That means the a full 5 Mb of memory has been reserved for pictures in device memory.

Double check these settings:

Camera / Options:

Store pictures: On Media Card

Media / Options:

Device Memory Limit = 5 Mb
    Reserved Picture Memory = 0 Mb

The next thing to check is your device database.

Options / Status. Menu / Database sizes:

The first number is the total size of your database, including all of your settings. If that number is larger the 1.0 Mb, your data is occupying a substantial amount of free memory.

Review the data settings. Some things can occupy an unusually large amount of memory.

The Content Store is one example, it can grow quite large in some circumstances. Deleting it with Advanced Restore will cause it to rebuild to the correct size.

Messages can be another very large file, everything you have received is saved in memory. If it is over 1 Mb, you may want selectively save the very important messages and purge the rest.

Once you have attended to these, you can expect to see 20+ Mb after a restart.
    11-26-09 10:27 AM
    Thank you so much for your help. I double checked the settings and they were set right. I didn't know about the database sizes though and I just went in and cleared some things. It was at 2600, now it's at 400K for the Total Size! File Free is over 15,600,000 now.
    11-26-09 12:06 PM
    23883205 Bytes worked like a charm

BB4.5.0 Core Apps
    BB 4.5.0 System Software
    BB Attachment Service
    BB Messenger
    Browser
    Email Setup Application
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Phone
    Tasks
    Yahoo Messenger

Any advice?
    11-27-09 02:05 PM
    23883205 Bytes worked like a charm

You must have a lot of stuff on your 8330, I used to run about 45MB file free on my 8330.
    11-27-09 02:32 PM
    I'm definitely having the same trouble as the original postee (jedeelenae). All unnecessary apps have been deleted, all music, and all photos were just deleted as well. (Important to note, this included something like 300 photos @ ~500kb apiece, so a lot of memory).

Anyway, my free memory is still basically reading zero. I'm wondering how to do you clear from the database? I see my Control Store is relatively high. I saw one person's advice how to do this, but it was with the Windows/PC utility. I have a Mac and sync with PocketMac SyncManager.

Soooo, how do I clear the database? A simple Menu->Delete doesn't exist when in the Database Sizes.

Thanks very much.
    01-06-10 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD