i've tried many times and formatting the card is impossible! i keep getting a message that says it fails to format the card and i don't know what else to do, I know my card works because i can use it on my camera and my computer.... can someone help me?
    02-06-09 10:27 PM
    I'm not real familiar with sd card issues. Try to install it in your camera and re-format it. Not sure if u can format it for the bb, but u might be able to using roxios media software that's in the bb desktop software. If no answer keep looking on cb because I have seen people more in the field of the sd cards answer similair questions about them and the same problems u are noting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 12:12 AM
    Are you trying to format the card within the blackberry or by using your PC?
    02-07-09 12:14 AM
    I ran into this issue with my WinMo phone, or I should say, a similar one. It's a standard 4gb SanDisk SDHC card, same thing I have in my BB, and to this day, it reads just fine in my WinMo phone, and my Canon Rebel XS, and my Canon PowerShot A710IS, and I'd venture a guess that just about any other consumer electronic I stick it in... however, when I plug it into of my computers' card readers, it will activate, as the computer recognizes that I've plugged it in, however, it does not auto play, or show up in the device manager, or in the system volumes snap-in, or any other way that I can effect, or affect it in any way.

Now, the moral of the story is...

I dunno. It just don't read on my computers, but does in every other piece of consumer of electronics.

If you have a camera that takes SD, or know someone that does, most of them have a 'format' option that you might be able to use to get it formatted. (I haven't done it with mine because I still need some info off it and haven't transferred it)... but it's worth a try.

*edit* Just noticed you said it DOES read in your camera, so, try using the Camera to format it

*edit 2* Someone else is suggesting this too... this is not my night for edits.
    Last edited by fyrephlie; 02-07-09 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Meh... not posting fast enough.
    02-07-09 01:39 AM
    This might be a no-brainer, but what OS version are you running, and what's the size of the card you're trying to use?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 02:49 AM
    im brand new to this...however i had same problem last night.
    when you plug in the berry to your computer using the usb cable. you will be prompted to choose whether or not to enable mass storage. click enable. then go to your computer and fing the storage device without using the desktop software. there your computer will read the memory card as just that. right click and format.
    its just as easy as it sounds. good luck.
    i know this works cuz i just did it
    02-07-09 02:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD