Okay so a few days ago my mom's batt was dying. I switched it out. Since I had the dying batt. my phone ended up dying. NOW when I have a charger (went days w/o one) my bb doesn't charge, at least I don't think it is. Its been on the charger for about 10 min. The red light won't even come on. Does anyone know if I can fix this or do I need another batt.? Also, does anyone know how to make an impromptu trackball substitute?
    05-15-11 11:34 AM
    Sometimes after a complete discharge, it can take a while for the battery to regain enough power to power up the device... Leave it plugges in for 20 minutes or so, then unplug it, and plug it back in. Hopwfully it will power up and continue to charge

Try Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile for cheap replacement parts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-11 10:00 PM
    Sometimes after a complete discharge, it can take a while for the battery to regain enough power to power up the device... Leave it plugges in for 20 minutes or so, then unplug it, and plug it back in. Hopwfully it will power up and continue to charge

Try Faceplate | Housing | Repair parts | Accessories | Mobile parts - Cellular Accessories | Mobile for cheap replacement parts

i agree. i had a Storm that was completely dead and had to charge it for like 20 mins before the orange LED even came on. if this doesnt happen for you, i would say the battery is shot and needs replacing.
    05-16-11 07:36 AM
    i agree. i had a Storm that was completely dead and had to charge it for like 20 mins before the orange LED even came on. if this doesnt happen for you, i would say the battery is shot and needs replacing.
    This even happened with my 9800... I forced a full discharge therough the engineering screens. Once it was 110% dead, plugged it in for 15 mins.. Nothing.... Unplugged it and pugged it back in. Finally booted up... Anyways..

OP - any luck getting your device up and running??

05-16-11 07:38 AM
    This even happened with my 9800... I forced a full discharge therough the engineering screens. Once it was 110% dead, plugged it in for 15 mins.. Nothing.... Unplugged it and pugged it back in. Finally booted up... Anyways..

OP - any luck getting your device up and running??

i always wanted to use the Force Discharge just to see how it worked and what it did.
    05-16-11 08:04 AM
    i always wanted to use the Force Discharge just to see how it worked and what it did.
    It does just as it says I tried searching for info, didn't find any, so I just tried it.. It will completely discharge the bayttery (not much quicker than the device on it's own) even if you plug it in after selecting it, it will not charhge. Once it eventually dies competely, then you have to recharge, takes a while for the device to boot up...

05-16-11 08:39 AM
    It does just as it says I tried searching for info, didn't find any, so I just tried it.. It will completely discharge the bayttery (not much quicker than the device on it's own) even if you plug it in after selecting it, it will not charhge. Once it eventually dies competely, then you have to recharge, takes a while for the device to boot up...

ill steer clear from that then. i guess all it does is it wont allow any type of charging source to work, making sure the battery fully drains itself.
    05-16-11 08:48 AM
    Precicely

05-16-11 08:50 AM
    Well, I'll try leaving it in again, but the last time I had it on the charger, I had it on plugged in for a WHILE, I'm talking a couple hours at least.

::edit::
    Yep, the batt is COMPLETELY dead. At the fridgin sprint store tho, a new batt. runs 40 BUCKS!! Hot dang.
    Last edited by Reagus; 05-17-11 at 04:44 PM. Reason: to add information
    05-17-11 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD