and just wanna make sure about the sites that could replace youtube...
    VTAP and BLUEMOBI RIGHT and MOBILE YOUTUBE
    are there any others????
    thanks EVERYONE for your help
    03-21-08 01:29 PM
    Goodjob, Curve is the right path. I know you will miss the countless numbers of apps for Windows Mobile, but you will notice you made the right move. (coming from a longtime windows mobile user) and I think you named them all. Those are the ones I use.
    03-21-08 01:34 PM
    Try the dash, then the Curve & then before your 30 days, make your decision. That's the best way to find out which one your going to be happy with.

versus the dash, I personally would choose the Curve. winMo is winSLOW. Lots of resets vs. a BB that may need one every now and then as all phones do.
    03-21-08 01:46 PM
    i'm not saying this only because i am now a curve user, but i've gone through 3 dashes before tmo sent me a bb as a replacement. all the dashes had the same continuous rebooting whenever you would power off the phone. turns out its glitchy when used with a micro sd card with windows mobile 6...don't know what that is about...the curve i have to say has outperformed the dash from my experience.
    03-21-08 11:17 PM
    I had a dash for over a year. In all honesty its like trying to compare apples and oranges. Both phones have there strenghts. With the dash I feel there is more "flexibility" and the curve more "stability". Also I never had any of the dash screen problems that any other people had. Personally I have and like the curve but I do miss some of the dash's features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-08 11:45 PM
    Yeah WM has lots of 3rd party apps but how can you enjoy them if it keeps on crashing and your screen wont let you use them coz it keeps on breaking?
    03-22-08 02:24 AM
    I had a Dash for almost a year before my Wing, then my Curve. It's a solid device, but WM Standard has a long way to go in terms of UI.

Either way, you'll be getting a solid smartphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-08 03:55 AM
    I had an 8700g, sold it bought a Dash, cried cause I missed my Berry so I bought the 8700g back and my dash is for sale. Long story short
    03-22-08 06:19 AM
    I prefer 8320 over Dash, don't ask me why.
    03-22-08 06:57 AM
    I have a Dash (wm6.1). My wife has a BB Curve (BB OS4.5). The Dash seems to be more suited for calls and entertainment. The BB seems more suited for scheduling and synching with the office.

I don't like the BB's tiny, imprecise trackball or the lack of a real file browser or task manager. (If there IS one please show my wife!) The Kavanna ROM I have on my Dash has *2* file browsers and *2* task managers! I *do* like the BB's higher res camera w/flash. But, The Dash's 1.3 megapixels is adequate for a phone. WRT calls - the Dash just SOUNDS better! WRT stability - her BB crashes at least as often as my Dash. I can hot swap my microSD cards. She has to shut down and take out the battery to get to hers. I have installed software to view and/or download *actual* YouTube (flv) videos. She can only view them streaming. I have PocketNESter and an ***load of games. She has been cautioned that such emulators will bog down the BB. I much prefer the Dash over the BB.
    09-26-08 09:51 PM
    Im going to change to tmobile in about 2 weeks or so and im in need of a new phone. Ive narrowed my choices down to the dash and the curve
    now...obviously members on here will tell me to go with the Curve
    im leaning towards getting the curve but the difference in the price is 150 dollars...so thats kinda a big downer and on the dash i found that you can watch youtube (the actual website) over wifi simply by downloading the tcmpc? player
    is this possible on the curve (over wifi)?
    between the dash and the curve
    which one holds more potential? since dash is windows mobile and curve is BB
    and also the dash has the ability to play tv over wifi by going to streaming sites...is this possible witht he curve?
    just in case i choose the curve over the dash...Titanium or Pale Gold?????

ps im not into emailing or anything...so that wont really matter to me
    I Owned A Dash Before My Curve And I must Say It Is The WORST PHONE I EVER OWNED. Those "MAC Vs. PC" Commercials Are An Equivalent To How The Curve And The Dash Measure Up.
    09-26-08 10:27 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD