Does one really need the BB browser installed?
    05-16-10 03:13 PM
    You need it typically in order to install applications OTA.
    05-16-10 03:14 PM
    That sucks! I have been using Bolt and was thing of deleting the native browser to make room for other apps
    05-16-10 03:18 PM
    Yeah i thought about that too but was told it's better to keep the native browser installed.
    05-16-10 04:49 PM
    The native browser doesn't take up that much room, and if you have that many apps you want/need installed removing the browser probably isn't going to help much.

You need it if you want to do anything ota or use any kind of mobile website. Its smart to keep it installed.
    I mainly use bolt but I still get quite a bit of use out of the native browser.

And I bet as soon as you uninstall it (if you do) you'll regret it cause you'll want something ota, and the only way to get it back that I know of is to reload your os, which isn't worth the trouble, at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 07:51 PM
    No, it really isn't need it. My cousin uninstalled it, and anytime he wanted to get an app or theme he would just use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

Yes, it does help to have the browser because it will make it alot quicker to get an app and/or theme, but no it is not needed.

Just like kylecore said it doesn't take up so much memory, so I would just recommend leaving it on.
    05-20-10 10:48 AM
    Not all applications offer a Desktop Installation option.

More and more applications can only be installed OTA.
    05-20-10 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD