It has a blinking hour glass which is causing lag time in typing, skipping around while typing, no email is being pushed from any address (for about 4 hrs), lost 2 of my email adresses in the pushing list, the keyboard light keeps going off and I can't see to type, and no FB notices, among other things.

Just started a few hours ago.

I've done a hard and soft reset, 2 battery pulls- one for 5 minutes.
    No repair. Tried to send service books- option not allowed!
    Weird

Any ideas please?
    Thanks.

(Oh and my memory is at 37337420 Bytes )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 10:57 PM
    Any liquid or moisture get in the phone?

03-24-09 11:03 PM
    Nope. Was using it on an international chat and wham. Down it went.

03-24-09 11:05 PM
    Since reset doesn't work, I assume you know how to do a proper battery pull, and your file free memory is good, try the following.

If you have a media card, take it out and see if your BB behaves. Sometimes a corrupted file or file system on the memory card can cause problems like freezing, shutting down and rebooting.

If it's not the media card, then the only option I can think of is to wipe the OS off the BB with JL Commander and reload the OS.

03-25-09 12:00 AM
    Thanks for helping.

Tested it. Wasn't the card.
    I'm just gonna take it in. Its nearly unusable now. The hourglass is now a permant icon on the screen. Doesn't even blink now. It just is. Typing is almost impossible and the push is inoperable.

I didn't do the OS reinstall as I only have a MAC and I am pretty sure that's all for pcs, right? I am probably wrong, but thought I'd read that when I bought this.

I have insurance. Hopefully that isn't an issue.

03-25-09 07:39 AM
    I took it in and the guy had no clue what was wrong with it- he couldn't fix it either, so they just gave me a new one. easy as that. :-)
    03-25-09 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD