Hi All,
    I am a newbee.. I have my first BB actually for almost a year now, but not really using all the features. My son was always playing with it, changing & adding alarms, adding calendar items, changing tones for contacts, etc. So, I noticed a password feature. I set it... checked it to verify it was set... OK so far... but can't for the life of me remember the exact password. I went to verizon store & also called them... they said don't enter any more passwords. As when it hits 10 it will self destruct.. meaning wipe all data on it! Please, Please, is there a way around this I can't believe there isn't a "back door" I get the stolen BB idea but what about us users who have brain lapses. I know the first 3 characters of the password but not the rest.. HELP please.
    11-04-09 12:46 PM
    Did you keystore your password?
    11-04-09 12:50 PM
    my mistake its a curve 8330 smartphone

don't know what you mean so I guess i didn't... It is the password for the screen... It has a little lock on the bottom right of the screen.
    11-04-09 12:52 PM
    Try to press the * key and then the green(send) key
    11-04-09 12:57 PM
    No the security feature is there to protect you… you might try using the alt key on some letters or numbers when you entered the password??
    11-04-09 01:31 PM
    After 10 tries, the phone will wipe itself.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no workaround or "back door". "Users who have brain lapses" are encouraged to write down the password and keep it somewhere safe, or not to use a password at all.

Were you in the habit of backing up your phone to your pc? If you were, then you can restore all your data. If you were not, then unfortunately either you remember the password, or you wipe your device.

I'm sorry to have to give you this bad news
    11-04-09 01:50 PM
    Thanks for the information.

This is horrible. I never forget passwords, and I also don't write them down.

This has been a bad year. I'm still trying to put my mind back together - after my oldest son's death in May. I guess for a while I should write them down. I also didn't really know about the backup feature... I will from now on. Don't know if I'm going to stay with the BB. My sound quality also really sucks for the person on the other end. Time to get a new one.
    11-04-09 02:51 PM
    OK
    I now have a new BB 8330 - to correct the sound issue.

I'm just checking ... don't think so, but it doesn't hurt to ask... Does anyone know:

Can I transfer all the info from the old "locked" BB? I did this before with my son's when he upgraded. I know I can take the card with the pics but can anything else transfer?
    11-05-09 01:25 PM
    Probably not
    you can try using the bbsak maybe and just switch the files you want when you restore it back with BBsak
    11-05-09 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD