Bought 8320 unlocked on ebay ouch !! it does all the things i.e voice and wifi,
    however trying to connect to B I S with my service provider I get error says that the PIN or IMEI is not correct. The lables do not appear to have been tampered with and pin/imei is the same as the label. The service provider wants to charge me the full blown price for data access (could buy one of his BB for that) Is there a work around to enable and config the GPRS I can get G MAIL to work intermittently on my home wifi but it says there is an underlying programme running.

Any thoughts or do I have to treat this phone as a brick and go back to my old MPX 220 with its GPRS and voice set up, and go back to steam driven !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-23-07 04:39 PM
    Even with unlocked phones, you would still need a data plan. Does your provider have tiered plans so that you can just get email but no web browsing?
    11-23-07 06:40 PM
    Yes they have tierd plans but they are still geared so that you pay for the device after 12 months !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    11-24-07 07:36 AM
    but to get the best out of ur BB you need the Blackberry plan from your provider.
    11-25-07 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD