Sorry for the book, the first paragraph is a just a foreword.

I have been researching this quite I bit, seeing that many people are experiencing problems with there BlackBerry Curve battery. This is usually associated with BB Curves that were purchased early on in the phone's release, meaning in September-November of 2007.

This problem started about a week ago. My BlackBerry won't turn on. When I plug it in... All that happens is the red LED lights up for about 2 seconds, a 5 second delay occurs, and the screen depicts a battery covered by a lightning bolt, then turns off. I took it to a local T-Mobile store, grabbed a new battery, plugged it in, and guess what? IT WORKED.

So many of you are wondering... What is the problem then? I am here today, because the guy at the T-Mobile store said it was a manufacturer's defect, and that T-Mobile should give me a new battery for free. So, I call T-Mobile up, and guess what? They said they can't find it under the manufacturer's defect list, and won't give me free battery.

I am here today to ask if anyone knows where I can locate the details on this defect, so I can get a free battery?
    06-15-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD