I just bought a BBCurve 8330 from Sprint on New Years Eve. Took it back a week later because the battery wont stay charged. They checked the phone & said the phone was fine, and just gave me a new battery. Well the new battery does last a "little" longer, but not by much.

I charge it over night. So, at 6am I take it off the charger and head to work. By 3:00 pm I only have a quarter of my battery left. AND that's with no use. No texting, no talking, no use of applications, etc., and yes all applications are shut off and bluetooth stays off. Is this how these batteries are??

It SUCKS. I'm seriously thinking something might actually be wrong with this phone. I cant even imagine how quickly it'll die on me when I have a day of full texting.

Help.... this isnt normal is it??
    01-12-09 05:45 PM
    Have you tried charging it using the wall charger?
    01-12-09 05:49 PM
    I had that same problem with my curve until i started to make sure my applications where closed, including gps, music etc, now it last about 2days between charging. Do you know how to check to see if a app is open?
    01-12-09 05:50 PM
    I had that same problem with my curve until i started to make sure my applications where closed, including gps, music etc, now it last about 2days between charging. Do you know how to check to see if a app is open?

mr219... Run through how to check to see if a app is open. I would like to read up on that and then the proper way to close, in case I'm not doing it the right way.
    01-12-09 05:57 PM
    Press and hold the alt key and then press the escape key. It will show whats currently running. Just keep in mind that the call log, messages, browser, blackberry messenger and home screen will always run
    01-12-09 06:04 PM
    I read an earlier post in a slacker thread saying to the affect options>Advance>Apps once in there anything that's in bold is also running. Anything on that?
    01-12-09 06:08 PM
    THe day I went back & got a new battery, the guy showed me how to check to see what applications I have open. So, I always check it now to make sure I only have those 5 things on there, Blackberry messenger, browser, home screen, call long & & messages. I highlight the call log & then select switch application so I can see what's open.

So, I never have applications open & I even turn off the Bluetooth connectivity during the day.

And yes, I charge it over night using the wall charger. But like right now, when I get to my car, I have to plug it in before it dies. I havent even used it today..

Oh ok, I guess I should read all the responses before replying. LOL Ok so all 5 of those things are supposed to be running, so now I know it's not because some appliation is running...
    Last edited by Streak; 01-12-09 at 06:22 PM.
    01-12-09 06:20 PM
    I read an earlier post in a slacker thread saying to the affect options>Advance>Apps once in there anything that's in bold is also running. Anything on that?

If this is true, then I might have found my problem. My Sprint TV is in bold, Spring Music Store & Navigation are in bold as well. BUT, my normal 5 arent in bold, so this might be bad info. ?????????????
    01-12-09 06:25 PM
    also try putting it in standby mode (holding the mute key thats on top) it really helps the battery last longer
    01-12-09 06:25 PM
    i agree streak i dont think thats true
    01-12-09 06:27 PM
    well, how long does a battery for a curve normally last?...ive had mine for about 2 months now and i have to charge it constantly
    01-12-09 06:29 PM
    well if i do some talking and some texting, it usually last me close to 2 days but if i u sprint tv or watch videos online, then its about a day. I was told that it had a talktime of 7 hours but ive never measured it.
    01-12-09 06:36 PM
    sprint TV? is that tight?
    01-12-09 06:39 PM
    yea its coo you get a bunch of tv channels and even more radio stations but it run ur battery down quick
    01-12-09 06:44 PM
    do they have that for T-Mobile?
    01-12-09 06:45 PM
    i agree streak i dont think thats true
    I don't know if it's true or not but in the Apps on my BB the following is in bold type... Pocket Express, Slacker Mobile & Sprint Navigation.

Granted I have playing with my new Curve learning as much as possible so it is getting alot of use. In a days time I go from full charge to just under 50%.
    01-12-09 06:47 PM
    naw sprint only i dont no wat t mobile offers on there web
    01-12-09 06:54 PM
    yea the first week i did the same thing but eventually you will start using it instead of trying to learn it, i just found a app that lets u talk ur textes in instead of typing them
    01-12-09 06:56 PM
    Where's tha at?
    01-12-09 07:00 PM
    there is another one that texts you your voicemails so you dont have to listen to them...lol , i forget what it was called...
    01-12-09 07:00 PM
    go to vlingo.com on ur bb browser
    01-12-09 07:02 PM
    Battery problems and memory problems. Oh those wacky BBs.
    01-12-09 08:01 PM
    I don't know if it's true or not but in the Apps on my BB the following is in bold type... Pocket Express, Slacker Mobile & Sprint Navigation.

Granted I have playing with my new Curve learning as much as possible so it is getting alot of use. In a days time I go from full charge to just under 50%.
    The bolded applications have to do with custom permissions being set for the application, doesn't have anything to do with the app running or not. It said so in the original thread where it was discussed.

Just
    use the hold Alt, press escape key method to check if any programs are running other than the 5 that are supposed to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 08:18 PM
    yea the first week i did the same thing but eventually you will start using it instead of trying to learn it, i just found a app that lets u talk ur textes in instead of typing them

WOW Whaaaa??? For real??? Sweet, please tell us where you found that feature.
    01-12-09 08:49 PM
    vlingo.com
    01-12-09 08:51 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD