I have had the BB Curve 8330 for about a month now, never had any battery problems. I could go 2 or sometimes 3 days w/o charging. Now, I cant go 12 hours....I charged it and took it off at noon, and by bedtime my phone was almost dead.

I have not downloaded any new apps, the only change was that I did a battery pull to see about an app that didnt appear in my list and wanted to delete it so i tried a batter pull from advice on here. of course it didnt work for that, but since I have had battery problems.

Other than another battery pull, any other ideas?
    04-17-09 08:10 AM
    Not any new app's but is there anything you have running in the background?
    04-17-09 08:17 AM
    I had the same problem and it was due to apps running in the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 08:51 AM
    if you are trying to remove an application, do this through options>advanced options>applications>highlight the application then delete. Most of the time you will have to do a reboot of the BB. Are you closing out everything in the correct manner? Don't use the white escape key, use the BB button and close. To check to see what is running behind the scenes, I hit the BB button till the menu has switch application listed, click on that. It will bring up what all is running. There are five that always run and are suppose to (messages, BB messenger, home screen, browser, call log). Any others need to be closed out.
    04-17-09 08:54 AM
    I must not have made myself clear. At this point I dont care about the app I was trying to delete (although I went to where Gulfcoast Guy directed me and it is not listed there). I want to solve the issue of the battery drain.

Yes I have apps running in the background. Always have. But the battery was fine before with those same apps running in the background. If that is the reason, why didn't i have this problem before? There is nothing running in the background now that wasnt running before.
    04-17-09 08:58 AM
    apps running in the background are usually the culprit, but you say in your case it was fine before. I would try this close out the apps. Reboot. Charge the battery and see if this makes any difference. If not you may have a bad battery.
    04-17-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD