Hi guys...I've been reading some posts about how great the Quick Pull app is and I have a question. Quick Pull is supposed to simulate a battery pull, right? So one step further...is a batter pull the same as turning the BB completely off and back on? I do an auto off-on every night so would it really matter if I use the app or not?

Thanks in advance.
    05-04-09 10:48 PM
    No, it is not the same.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 10:48 PM
    hi there a soft reset is when you just turn the pearl off and then back on again,
    a hard reset or battery pull as its also know is when you take the battery out and wait a few seconds before putting the battery back in and turning it back on again.
    the benfit of a hard reset is that it clears the memory off the bb so if you had lots of programs running slowing the bb down it will shut them all off where as the soft reset will not.
    i normaly do a hard reset once a week just to keep everything running smooth.
    Here ya go =]
    05-05-09 01:02 AM
    Download the quick pull app it restarts everything like taking the battery out so it makes it run smooth each day. What I do is schedule it for 5 am while I'm asleep and I never notice it did it and my phone runs smooth each day.

The program works great. Of course after the quick pull app runs my apps don't automatically come up so I have to enter my myspace app wen i wake up.
    05-05-09 01:30 AM
    When you press the power button, it doesn't actually turn off, it just kinda goes to sleep and still uses some battery power.
    05-05-09 07:08 AM
    hmm.......interesting....quick pull app hmmm
    05-07-09 12:57 AM
    What about control,alt, delete? Is that equivalent to a battery pull?
    05-07-09 12:20 PM
    If you press it twice that is hard reset, if only once that is a soft reset.
    05-07-09 12:41 PM
    Its good to just put the battery out once every 2 days i have been doing this since i got the phone and i have no issues at all.
    05-07-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD