So today I went to update to the new blackberry app world and after it was done installing I had to reboot my phone but now when I go to turn it back on it wont and it just shows a battery icon with a red line through it and it wont even charge or anything, any help on what this is and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated
    08-02-09 09:44 PM
    Make sure the battery is in correctly. Take it out and put it back in.
    08-02-09 09:48 PM
    Yea i must have put it back in and out like 10 times now with no luck, I am wondering if maybe it is just that I need a new battery?
    08-02-09 09:49 PM
    That sounds likely, especially if the battery is more than a year old. If it's not that, you've got a lot bigger problem.
    08-02-09 09:54 PM
    i got an ebay battery n it lasts longert then stock
    08-03-09 01:01 AM
    i tried using my roommates battery but the same thing happens, any suggestions
    08-03-09 02:00 AM
    I had the same problem. Another thread here on crackberry mentioned that you can take the battery out, put it back in, and drop the phone on the floor (believe it or not!). I tried it and it worked for me for about 4 hours. Bought a new battery and was fine for a few weeks. Started getting the battery icon again when I tried charging the new battery with the AC adaptor so I switched to charging via my laptop usb cable. That worked for a while (couple weeks) but now I'm back to the icon. I may just give up and buy a new phone.
    08-18-09 11:26 AM
    Take out the Battery and press and hold the Phones on button for about half a minute. Put the Battery back in and re-charge.

Worked for me I saw somewhere on the net that it gets rid of static or something. Before I did this mine was needing charging every day! now it's like new.
    08-18-09 11:46 AM
    I TRIED THIS THINKING YEAH RIGHT THIS ISNT GOING TO WORK BUT THIS WORKED FOR ME!!!!!! THANKS DARRENRIVERS!

Take out the Battery and press and hold the Phones on button for about half a minute. Put the Battery back in and re-charge.

Worked for me I saw somewhere on the net that it gets rid of static or something. Before I did this mine was needing charging every day! now it's like new.
    08-21-09 11:22 AM
    nevermind now its doing it again :*(
    08-21-09 01:47 PM
    my battery is dead just about at the end of the day and fully charged every morning is this normal battery life or is mine worse?
    08-26-09 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD