ok i'll try to keep this short and simple, its been driving me insane for the past 2 days.

i got my curve 8330 about a month ago. i've been taking super good care of it e.g. covered, not dropping it, only charging it when it's drained (i heard that constantly charging batteries of phones, ipods, laptops, etc only makes the battery life shorter in the long run). but about 2 days ago the battery just DRAINED from like 65% to totally empty in about 3 hours with like practically NO USE on my part i charged it to 90% and then it happened AGAIN in the span of about 5 hours. i always keep the bluetooth disabled, i wasn't even on aim at the time, browser was stopped and closed, the only thing i did was use bbm a few times.

is this to be expected from the curve battery or is something wrong? (before this started happening i only had to charge it every 2 days)
    09-29-08 02:22 AM
    You probably need to do a reset or a battery pull and follow the directions here:
    How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

A month without a reset is about right for one to start having problems.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 09-29-08 at 02:47 AM.
    09-29-08 02:31 AM
    Another thing is that I have read here that it will damage your battery to drain it completely. I use my berry all day, then I put it in the charger each night. I have had no problems with my battery.

You do need to watch your file free memory and take steps the ensure it doesn't drop below 10mb to 12mb. If it drops too low, you will start to lose your call log and other files.

To monitor your file free memory you can click options> status, or you can press alt-left shift>H from anywhere. If it starts to drop, go ahead and do a reset: alt> right shift> delete. Then clear your cache: from your browser, press the menu key> click options> click cache operations> click clear cache, press back and close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 02:42 AM
    ah i see. thanks for the help. i did all that deleting extra stuff just now but i have one more question. i noticed that since the battery draining began i haven't been getting more than half of my facebook notifications pushed to my bb nor have i been getting my e-mails. is this also part of my battery problem?
    09-29-08 03:49 AM
    i dont know about memory issues but my phone has been doing the same thing.. im gonna buy a new battery though, i just replaced the phone and same thing... mine is a lil mor extreme than yours though.. ill get about anywhere from 10-45 minutes of phone use then the phone shuts off in the middle of it.. but if i wait about 10 minutes then do a battery pull it says i have 80-90% battery left.. idk whut to do either
    09-29-08 08:11 AM
    Lithium batteries prefer to be topped off often rather than being depleted before charged. Ni-cads, among others, have a battery chemistry that "prefers" to be discharged completely before draining.

I'm pretty sure that your (and my) Curve has a lithium battery. I'd pull the cover off mine now, but its a real pain taking off and reinstalling the OtterBox case.

See generally, BatteryUniversity.com, which states "A lithium-ion battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible."

As for the battery depletion, make sure that google maps is turned off, if you have it. That sucker will drain it fast as its constantly sniffing your location and updating, and it can be running in the background and you never know it. I bet that you have something like that going on. JMO.

Right on.
    09-29-08 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.