Over the past 2 days I have noticed my battery charge drainig a hole lot faster. I usually get home from work with 70-75 percent left and now I am still at work with only 60percent left. It has done this the past 2 days. Also I have used it less the past few days aswell. Anyone have any ideas. Should I try to get a new battery from verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 03:00 PM
    You might need a new battery since your saying that you haven't been on the phone that much. I know a lot of internet usage and text messaging can sometimes drain your battery. Mine does it some. If your still within your thirty days I'm sure they might exchange it for you. Hope I was of some help.
    07-30-08 03:05 PM
    You may be running too many apps in the background. What are you currently running? Certain apps will drain battery life very quickly - especially any app that utilizes GPS.
    07-30-08 03:06 PM
    Have you done a battery pull/soft reset lately?

Are their any new apps on your phone?

Are their any apps running in the background?

Is bluetooth enabled when its usually off?

Has the signal in your area of work been worse than normal lately?

When was the last time you let your battery fully drain? (People say that letting this occur once in a while actually re calibrates the meter so the % of juice remaining is accurate)
    07-30-08 03:06 PM
    I have never let my battery full drain. I just installed viigo a few days ago. Signal is the same. Bluetooth is off. How do I see how many apps are running.

07-30-08 03:14 PM
    alt and the back button
    07-30-08 03:19 PM
    I agree with JE-NAY you could have unnecessary applications running in the background. Open up a folder, any folder, for example open up your messages folder, hit the menu button and click on switch application. There should be browser, home screen, messages, blackberry messenger and call logs. Those 5 are always running. If you have any open that you aren't using, click on them and properly close them out by hitting the menu button and scrolling down to close

07-30-08 03:22 PM
    I just installed viigo a few days ago.
    That may be your issue right there. Even if you close out Viigo, you may have it set to automatically update. Check your settings in Viigo. Otherwise, it'll update all channels every ___ minutes/hours. If you have a ton of channels, it can zap your battery updating them all over and over. As an aside, it'll also chew up memory.
    07-30-08 03:22 PM
    That may be your issue right there. Even if you close out Viigo, you may have it set to automatically update. Check your settings in Viigo. Otherwise, it'll update all channels every ___ minutes/hours. If you have a ton of channels, it can zap your battery updating them all over and over. As an aside, it'll also chew up memory.
    So very true, not only Viigo does this but a few other apps out there. One must always check settings when installing apps especially the ones have auto update option.
    07-30-08 03:27 PM
    Check out the link in my sig on tips to save battery life
    07-30-08 03:28 PM
    I agree with JE-NAY you could have unnecessary applications running in the background. Open up a folder, any folder, for example open up your messages folder, hit the menu button and click on switch application. There should be browser, home screen, messages, blackberry messenger and call logs. Those 5 are always running. If you have any open that you aren't using, click on them and properly close them out by hitting the menu button and scrolling down to close

I learn something new everyday. I had no clue that was how you could check how many application are running
    07-30-08 03:31 PM
    Ok I had all kinds of programs running and viigo was set to auto update. I turned off all programs and turned auto update off. Thanks a lot guys. Anyone here using viigo, when do u have it update?

07-30-08 03:41 PM
    I turn off the auto update on viigo altogether. It will update channels when I launch it. That way, it only uses battery life while updating. I find that with the number of channels I have, the update time perfectly matches the length of time a proper martini should be shaken, strained and garnished.
    07-30-08 03:47 PM
    I learn something new everyday. I had no clue that was how you could check how many application are running
    The same here!!!! That's why I LOVE Crackberry!!!!!!!
    08-20-08 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD