For some reason my month-old Curve will only say it's Battery Level is at 15% or 75%, even when it's higher or lower.

Is there any reason it would be doing this?

And what I would really like to know is how do I fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 04:10 PM
    Replace the battery? Sounds like its shot - have you tried another?

Does it cut off or get cause alot of in call static? If you do replace it Amazon.com has OEM replacements for 2-3 bucks.
    03-01-09 04:15 PM
    Replace the battery? Sounds like its shot - have you tried another?

Does it cut off or get cause alot of in call static? If you do replace it Amazon.com has OEM replacements for 2-3 bucks.
    I haven't tried another battery.

And don't think I've ever been cut off or had in-call static, but I hardly ever make calls.

What would ruin my battery?

03-01-09 04:26 PM
    It could be the battery...No issues otherwise??

How old is the battery? Just a month or did you get it used a month ago?? If that is the case I am not sure why it says 15% or 75% - could be a hardware or software issue. If you are in warranty I would take it in to get looked at or wait to see if others have better advice....
    03-01-09 04:27 PM
    Oh, and if it matters any my battery actually lasts about the same time. I've always had to charge it every morning and usually in the evening.

03-01-09 04:29 PM
    best way to have the battery last a long time is to actually charge it up then let the battery die until 15-20% then charge it up...
    03-01-09 05:41 PM
    Start with a battery pull, then charge your Curve fully, and monitor it, see how it behaves.

If this continues, look into a replacement to be safe.

Have you run this battery down to shutoff before?

03-01-09 06:31 PM
    Does it say the same thing on another theme?
    03-01-09 07:50 PM
    Does it say the same thing on another theme?
    Who, you're really smart.

I just changed my theme and my home screen says 100%, which is what my battery level is, but if I hit Shift, Alt, and H it still says 15%.
    03-01-09 08:37 PM
    These are custom themes you are using or stock themes?
    03-01-09 08:40 PM
    These are custom themes you are using or stock themes?

Custom. I hardly ever use the stock themes.
    03-01-09 08:54 PM
    I would put a stock theme on there to test that it is a theme issue and not a phone issue, if your still having issues.. I believe that is what Rachel was looking at....
    03-01-09 08:58 PM
    Yeh, some of the customs have issues, that just pop up, Id leave it on a stock for a day or two, pull the battery now, monitor that.. I had a custom one a few months ago, that all of a sudden quit sending the envelopes for emails/sms.
    03-01-09 09:04 PM
    Okay thanks for all the help.

03-01-09 09:07 PM
    For some reason my month-old Curve will only say it's Battery Level is at 15% or 75%, even when it's higher or lower.

Is there any reason it would be doing this?

And what I would really like to know is how do I fix it?

are you using the blackberry charger??

i used to use my old razr charger to charge my work phone (8830), and i had battery problems for a while. i eventually found my other blackberry charger and switched to it and its been fine ever since..
    03-01-09 09:46 PM
    Like stated above, it is most likely the theme. For example some of my themes battery percentage reduces by 10 percent.

03-01-09 09:51 PM
    I have had similar issues where the battery level in the status menu gets stuck and will not update until I do a full power off. Could this be theme related??

03-01-09 11:19 PM
    Tha
    Yeh, some of the customs have issues, that just pop up, Id leave it on a stock for a day or two, pull the battery now, monitor that.. I had a custom one a few months ago, that all of a sudden quit sending the envelopes for emails/sms.
    Thanks for a new addition to my t/s questions, Rachel. First I've heard of that one. Something new every day.

03-01-09 11:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD