I have had my curve for about a year exactly. The original battery recently started to die quickly. I went through all the tricks to extend battery life and nothing worked. I close out everything and i'm not on the phone much during my work time. I bought new batteries through Amazon (don't hate me for not using Crackberry) and the first one I put in died quicker than the original battery, so I used it a few more days before putting the other new one in. The next one lasted a little bit longer, but still dies within like 3 hours or so after a full charge. Whats the deal? I let it fully charge with the power off and everything, so I'm thinking that something on my phone is killing the battery. Any help?
    12-30-09 11:04 AM
    have you downloaded and using a new theme or application- cause some times that is the reason a battery will die faster. are you keeping alot of messages or anythng like that ?
    Hope this helps but I am sure someone else will come along that has more experience with this kind of thing that can help you.
    Welcome to Crackberry!!!
    12-30-09 12:50 PM
    also post your app version from your options\about screen

4.x.x.xxx
    12-30-09 02:21 PM
    I'm having the same issue, my battery is dying really fast... i have installed a theme that is similar to the bold theme. Could that be the problem?
    12-30-09 04:41 PM
    version 4.5.0.175. Which is the latest os I downloaded, it appeared on my phone as an available update and took almost 2 days to completely download. My battery has already gone "red" and it's not even 11am, it was fully charged this morning.
    01-04-10 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD