I have a curve 8330 on verizon. It has had very good battery life during the day.

The problem is, I was under the impression that if I put it in standby it shouldn't take much. Well get this.

I had it at 100% and went to work and used it for 8 hours off and on. It done very well and was at 70% when I got home. Again that is awesome.

So then I go to sleep when I get home from work. Before I go to sleep I put my phone on standby.

I wake up only 7 hours later to find my phone is only at 5%. That doesn't make any sense. How did it go from 70% to 5% in standby mode not being used? I had no missed calls and only one e-mail. The 7 hours I was asleep what was my phone doing to make it do this? I mean I'm fine putting it on the charger at night it was just weird how I can use it a ton all day and it only goes down 30% and then it's at 70% and I put it in standby for 7 hours and it goes down that much.

Anyone got suggestions or know why this happens?
    04-16-09 10:40 AM
    Do you have bluetooth on..?
    04-16-09 10:41 AM
    Do you have bluetooth on..?
    Nope, I have it disabled. But I do see that little red arrow going all the time on my phone. Is that where it's checking for e-mails? Is that what it's doing all night taking my battery life?
    04-16-09 10:47 AM
    what apps are you running.. It could be an app that constently is accessing data..
    04-16-09 10:50 AM
    what apps are you running.. It could be an app that constently is accessing data..
    Myspace is the only one and e-mail. How do I disable myspace from working at night? Thing about this stupid myspace app is it never alerts me. I still have to check it and it takes FOREVER. I can log on myspace on the browser and it's fast. No load time. But when I try to check my messages on the myspace app it loads for like 3 minutes before they come up.
    04-16-09 10:51 AM
    You can just go in and log off myspace.. Now about the notifications. Do you have your myspace email linked to your blackberry. If so you should, and try deleting and reinstalling myspace.

As far as the battery if you get alot of emails daily then you should have to charge it every night.
    04-16-09 10:54 AM
    You can just go in and log off myspace.. Now about the notifications. Do you have your myspace email linked to your blackberry. If so you should, and try deleting and reinstalling myspace.

As far as the battery if you get alot of emails daily then you should have to charge it every night.
    I'm not getting a lot of emails though. I just got one e-mail while I was asleep.

I do have my myspace app where it's supposed to work with it. When I go to my sounds it has myspace. I clicked tone and all of that and saved it. Yet it still doesn't do it.
    04-16-09 10:56 AM
    Try deleting it and reinstalling it.. thats what worked for me.
    04-16-09 11:00 AM
    Try deleting it and reinstalling it.. thats what worked for me.
    Okay i re downloaded it seems to be working better. once someone sends me a myspace I'll see if it alerts me. Do you mind sending me a myspace?
    04-16-09 11:13 AM
    Nevermind I sent myself a myspace. It did not alert me once again. I even changed the app settings to allow on everything. So I went and checked the messages on the app and the message was there. So the message goes through but I have to click it and it has to load. It won't check for messages on it's own. that's the problem it's having. It checks for emails on its on but not myspace.
    04-16-09 11:29 AM
    Nope, I have it disabled. But I do see that little red arrow going all the time on my phone. Is that where it's checking for e-mails? Is that what it's doing all night taking my battery life?
    That is not it, BlackBerry does not "check for email", that is what BIS does and one of the reasons BlackBerry get awesome battery life.

You mention Red Arrows, are these in the top right corner? If so, mine are blue, I have never seen a red arrow.

On occasion, I have seen mine do a similar overnight discharge. That prompted me to set Auto On/Off for the overnight hours. Since then, I have never had the problem.
    04-16-09 11:35 AM
    That is not it, BlackBerry does not "check for email", that is what BIS does and one of the reasons BlackBerry get awesome battery life.

You mention Red Arrows, are these in the top right corner? If so, mine are blue, I have never seen a red arrow.

On occasion, I have seen mine do a similar overnight discharge. That prompted me to set Auto On/Off for the overnight hours. Since then, I have never had the problem.
    It might change with themes. My arrow is red. What do you mean it doesn't check for e-mail? You know what I mean. If it's not checking for e-mail and stuff then why everytime I turn the phone on it does the download red arrow? My friends also does this so it's not just mine. If it's in standby and i take it off the red arrow comes on. Or if I get the keyboard locked and unlock it the arrow comes on for download.

Another thing I got the myspace app to work. I didn't know I had to go on myspace on the computer and put it for email if I get new messages. I thought that would just make it alert me with an e-mail and I didn't want that. But it doesn't. It does send an email to my computer though but no big deal.

ON my phone an e-mail doesnt come in but a myspace alert does and a little myspace new icon message on top.
    04-16-09 11:41 AM
    When you create bookmarks, do you uncheck [Auto Synchronize]? If not, your bookmarks could be synchronizing or checking for changes during the night. I try to uncheck it each time I create a bookmark unless I might want that page up-to-date and quick to load later.
    04-19-09 04:39 AM
    If those arrows are always on that indicates it is trying to update,connect or download something. Check what apps you have and if you are closing them out properly. My phone is on its second day of a charge and is at 75%. It could be something with the theme.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-09 07:47 AM
    I got it fixed. I was hitting the red button to exit apps instead of the arrow/okay button. Now I see that the okay button actually closes it out and the red button just hides it. So the battery is lasting a lot longer now because I only keep what I'm using running. I had to uninstall blackberry messenger. It kept running and I don't use it. I couldn't get it to stop. Now that I have what I want running the phone is way faster also. No telling what I had running that night when it went down.

I am still getting the red arrow a lot when I'm not doing anything though. And I don't have anything downloading in the browser and I don't let it synchronize. But it's not doing it nowhere near as much as it was.
    04-19-09 12:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD