If you were to flip the fone over looking at the battery door the lock on the right side is sprung like up and not down flush
    Now my question is what hold the lock down into the housing that could of broke or could I pop the bottom piece off and fix ittemporarly cuz I think ima just buy a all black housing now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 01:56 PM
    Are you saying the door itself is not flush? If so, just take it off and reseat it. There are tabs that need to go into holes then slide into place.

If that is not what you mean, I am lost.
    07-06-09 05:06 PM
    the 8 tabs and hooks (other than the "chrome" lock) should be a mirror image of each other, side to side. I'm guessing one of your tabs is broken off the door.

if you are replacing the case anyway, you could tear the foam pad offa the inside of the door, that might let it sit flush but would be looser too...
    07-06-09 05:29 PM
    How old is your berry?

I have had mine replaced twice the hinge wears out after a while... And the push up on the button your seeing is the spring below....

Call up 611 and they will take care of you.
    07-06-09 05:31 PM
    This happened to me and I just took my phone in and they sent me a replacment. They said it wasn't something they would fix at the store. My phone also had no warrenty because I bought it off of craigslist

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 05:40 PM
    I believe they sell the latches at that CNN site.
    07-06-09 05:45 PM
    it sthe silver piece that springs up to hold the door down and some how its broke and sprung up so its not flush with the phone and i cant get the battery door off anymore. im just curious as to what hold that piece in or do i just need a new one
    07-06-09 07:41 PM
    As I mentioned before call Verizon and have them send you a new one.....

Unless your a advanced user and really want to pry at your phone and try putting in a small piece with a spring it's not worth it and I would not suggest it.... If the device is under 1 yr old they will send your a new device...
    07-06-09 07:46 PM
    07-06-09 08:12 PM
    id prefer to just fix it myself and not have to get a refurb phone and new pin
    07-06-09 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD