I have a curve with os 4.3. I got it from a friend for free. I love the phone but the battery dies right away. any suggestions. Is it as simple as buying a new battery. I just dont wanna waste money on a battery to find that it is something else draining it away.
    05-04-09 08:17 PM
    Most likely the reason you got it for free. Trying another battery is exellent idea to see if this resolves the issue. Buy from a retail establishment, so that if it is not the battery, you can return it.

Did you wipe the device or just tart using it with what ever was on the device. IF this is case, what 3rd party applications are on the device?
    05-04-09 08:21 PM
    No i didnt wipe it. how would I do that and could that be the problem
    05-04-09 08:29 PM
    Would not hurt to make a clean device for yourself. If you are going to do this you might as well upgrade to 4.5. If you do want to do that then do the following to wipe the device.

Options>security options>genreal settings>menu>wipe hand held. Enter blackberry and wala clean device. I would still lean towards the battery, but a clean device and then install what you want.
    05-04-09 08:36 PM
    OK ill do that now. then should I just follow the post for 4.5 on how to down load that?
    05-04-09 08:42 PM
    Also, obvious battery drainer is leaving bluetooth on especially in search mode. Definately go to 4.5 though. I would also recommend backing up everything and doing a true clean wipe of the phone if the other does not help. This is a little bit trickier and it will clean your phone of the operating system as well. You can find how to do this in the operating systems sections on these forums.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-09 08:56 PM
    I've tried everything to make my battery life better and it still drains quicker than I'd like, so I bought a backup battery thats always charged and ready to go.
    05-04-09 09:17 PM
    OK ill do that now. then should I just follow the post for 4.5 on how to down load that?
    As long as the intstruction are there to install it are there as well, yes installing 4.5 will wipe the device as well.
    05-04-09 09:20 PM
    I lowered the screen brightness to 10 worked great for me I use my phone all day long.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD