Last evening I charged my Curve. I like to shut it down when I charge it because the charging light comes on to let me know of it's complete. It showed complete and it disconnected it and took it to bed with me (no funny stuff, LOL), there were no apps running and it was on standby. This morning when I woke up, the battery was 30% and the radio was off, there was an "X off" at the top right of the screen. How do I get radio back on, I shut it down and did a restart, still the same. Anybody have a clue? No I wasn't using it in my sleep, LOL. ~Thanks
    04-14-09 07:09 AM
    What OS you have?
    04-14-09 07:12 AM
    It's a new one with v4.5.0.131
    04-14-09 07:17 AM
    it's really weird, like it didn't charge at all, when I showed a fully chg'd battery when I took it off the home charger ??
    04-14-09 07:19 AM
    The actual signal can be turned on/off in manage connections. That's the first thing mine shuts off when the battery is low is the radio.

How long have you had it? Maybe it just needs a new battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 07:22 AM
    less than a week, I've had alot of issues with poor reception, it's been back to the store so the tech could run diagnostics on it, and it has worked great ever since.
    04-14-09 07:25 AM
    The less signal you have the more batter that's used FYI.
    04-14-09 07:44 AM
    That actually explains a lot!

I was just asking a friend of mine about battery life. I've had my new BB Curve 8330 for less than a week, it charges from the time I come home from work to the time I got to bed, then it does come to bed with me (much to my husband's chagrin!). I let it sit in "Standby" mode, and when I wake up, the battery is close to if not a full power. Then I got to work. As the day progresses, my signal is terrible, and by the time I get home nine hours later, the battery is all but dead.

I thought nine hours was a little whimpy for a battery life, but I guess it wastes itself away searching for a signal!
    04-14-09 08:53 AM
    Even tho I had it on standy thru the nite, it still tries to get signal? If this was the case, and the battery was fully charged and then it had 30% in the morning it drained all that up (no apps running or 3rd party stuff) in just 8 hours on standby? Is that possible? If that's the case I will switch carriers I still have a few days to cancel my service.
    04-14-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD