I'm a blackberry newb. I'm curious as to how to maintain my batter. Do I need to charge it for only a certain amount of time? Do I need to let it completely die or can I charge it while at 50 percent? Just don't want to ruin this battery. Thanks all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 09:11 AM
    Don't let it die completely. That is bad for it. Charge it regularly. You can't overcharge it.
    02-16-09 09:12 AM
    Agree with Motorcycle Mama. The best thing to do is charge it nightly or whenever you see it down and you are done with the phone for the night. Letting it drain to low (0) is bad.

Batteries in the past benefited from a full drain then recharge today they do not.....
    02-16-09 09:16 AM
    Li-ion batteries do not have a "memory" so to speak. In my experience letting it run all the way dead makes no difference. I'm sure it probably isn't good but doubt it really matters much. Charge it whenever you want. You can't overcharge it because the device will know when its at 100% and stop by itself.

02-16-09 09:20 AM
    In fact, the BB will start closing down functions, usually below 15%, trying to keep you from drawing it down too low.

Give your BB the juice it wants, you take care of it, it'll rock your world!

02-16-09 10:09 AM
    Ok cool. I really appreciate the info.

02-16-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD