This is going to sound absolutely ridiculous, but I have the horrible habit of picking at the ring that holds the trackball into place. Usually, I'll remove it and the trackball while the phone is off to clean the area when the trackball sticks.
    However today the ring popped off during my nervous habit and I touched the led while the phone was on. I was just wondering if this is bad in anyway? Everyone keeps telling me it's just a light, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Thanks.
    Last edited by xochelsearose; 03-05-10 at 07:38 PM.
    03-05-10 07:20 PM
    No.
    Unless your fingers were loaded with static shock it should be fine.

About that habit.
    Be careful.
    I broke my ring like that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 07:43 PM
    LED's are not really harmed by bare handed touching like a halogen or HID bulb will. this is because the LED doesnt emit any heat like the other bulbs do. the issue with that is the oil in your hands begin to burn on the bulb after it was touched, eventually ruining the bulb.
    03-05-10 07:46 PM
    Yeah, deathcommand, it's a horrible habit and I hate it.
    I was more so worried about my health than my blackberries. I'm a bit of a hypochondriac so when I touched it I freaked out and I've been on about cell phone radiation ever since, ahha.
    03-05-10 07:49 PM
    You'll be fine man. The led doesn't emit any dangerous radiation. Just as studies are proving neither does the cell phone. Yeah as other have said the led doesn't get hot enough to be affected by the oil that your touch leaves behind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD