Good day,

I keep getting JVM 102 errors with my blackberry 8300. This usually occurs whenever I restart the device after removing/installing an application, notable - JiveTalk. It also happens at random times as well such as if I try to send a picture with Yahoo messenger (I have a 4 gb SD card and plenty space on the device).

I am tired of bringing the phone into the carrier and waiting 2-3 hours for them to reinstall the OS. Since they don't provide their OS to customers and its not on the blackberry website (My carrier is Digicel Trinidad & Tobago) I am wondering if it is recommended to just install the OS from another carrier? Will this void my warranty/or cause me not to be able to connect to the network, etc.

Thanks for any help. This is a time saving measure on my part since this tends to happen on a weekend so I have to wait 2 days before I have phone service!
    12-11-07 05:38 PM
    It shouldn't hurt. I've done it before when I had a Pearl. I installed a Roger's RIM OS on a T-Mobile phone and it worked fine. It might require a bit of tweaking afterwards though...I'm not sure, it was a year ago. As far as voiding your warranty...of course it does...everything voids your warranty or at least assume it will.
    12-11-07 05:51 PM
    Is there anyway to "dump" your current blackberry OS as an image file and reload it later? I asked since I would feel better messing around with the OS if I could revert to my carriers OS if I need to bring the phone in for servicing.

Merci.
    12-11-07 07:42 PM
    I reinstalled the OS (used Cingular's OS version) and everything seems OK so far. Got rid of the error and the device seems to be working as normal now. If I get any issues, I will be sure to post.
    12-12-07 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD