I have searched the forums and didn't find anything. Maybe I just used the wrong words to search with. However, I am looking for a program that I can save on my memory card that will back up my phone so when it is replaced I can restore the phone back to the way it was. Any suggestions on what to use?

Thank you in advance.
    07-08-08 02:40 PM
    From what I know, there is no app to back up to microSD!

You can back up to a PC using desktop manager...
    07-08-08 02:41 PM
    You can't save any apps on your memory card just media and documents. Use the desktop manager for back ups.
    07-08-08 02:42 PM
    The two above me are correct, but I always save
    the last 2 Backup files that DM creates to my SD
    card just for redundancy.
    07-08-08 02:45 PM
    The two above me are correct, but I always save
    the last 2 Backup files that DM creates to my SD
    card just for redundancy.
    whoa, wait; you can do that? what happened to just saving music, video, ringtones and pictures on the SD? How do you do this???
    07-08-08 04:21 PM
    whoa, wait; you can do that? what happened to just saving music, video, ringtones and pictures on the SD? How do you do this???
    just drag and drop them i would think. i havent done it, but that really should be all that is required. i dont think you could access them from the berry itself, but you would be using it as a thumb drive for lack of a better example.
    07-08-08 05:27 PM
    just drag and drop them i would think. i havent done it, but that really should be all that is required. i dont think you could access them from the berry itself, but you would be using it as a thumb drive for lack of a better example.
    Exactly correct. you can't access them through the BB, but I like knowing wherever I am I can download DM and my OS and get my BB back up and running from a backup.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 07-08-08 at 05:38 PM.
    07-08-08 05:35 PM
    Yes I use my BB as a thumb drive also. I store files, and for those occasions when I need to I can run the Portable Apps Suite from my BB
    07-08-08 05:38 PM
    Exactly correct. you can't access them through the BB, but I like knowing wherever I am I can download DM and my OS and get my BB back up and running from a backup.
    this is genius..... i am SO gonna do it!
    07-08-08 05:39 PM
    this is genius..... i am SO gonna do it!
    Not sure it's genius, but there was one time we were out of town
    and did not have my laptop.My BB 523'd me. I was able to reload the OS but
    I had to wait 6 days until I got home to restore my BB. After that,
    backup.ipd gets copied to memory card.
    07-08-08 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD