When attempting to backup my Curve using DM 4.5, it gets as far as TLS Options and then it returns an error and the backup will not complete. The error just says there was an error backing up databases. Any ideas?
    08-02-08 11:54 AM
    I had that problem too.

Unfortunately, when there is a corruption in the data base, nothing is saved to a backup file.

I had to resort to restoring from an earlier backup, I did loose some current data.
    08-02-08 11:59 AM
    Reboot your PC, and also do a battery pull.
    08-02-08 12:01 PM
    In future do a sync as well as a Backup. Syncing to Outlook synchronizes/saves/backs up/copies/ all of your personal data (Address Book, Calendar, Notes, Tasks to Outlook. Backuo does the same thing but in a proproetary RIM format. While it is possible to read these backup files it is just so much easier with Outlook.

A Backup also backs up mos of your phone and application settings too so, the best plan is to sync first and then to Backup.

In the UK, this strategy is known as belt and suspenders. You have two ways to prevent your pants falling down.
    08-02-08 12:17 PM
    When attempting to backup my Curve using DM 4.5, it gets as far as TLS Options and then it returns an error and the backup will not complete. The error just says there was an error backing up databases. Any ideas?
    DM 4.6 and 4.5.0.55 _ exact same problem, just started to. Occurred on my laptop and my desktop. Seems strange that it was both pcs and more than just one of us having that problem and with different software versions???
    08-05-08 02:20 AM
    Happened to me today for the first time.
    08-18-08 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD