My Curve's mini-USB port has died, so I cannot backup. Sprint will get me a new phone, but (I'm an *****) I have no recent backup of my hundreds of contacts. Surely there is some software that can backup the data/contacts directly to the memory card?

RIM was no help. They will repair the mini-USB port, but they MUST wipe all the data before sending back to me (company policy).

I haven't yet found a software product that can do this, but it would seem like a product that could be desireable (not just to me). Backup the phone, just like using USB method, but directly to the mem card or via Bluetooth.

Anybody have any suggestions?
    11-18-08 04:50 PM
    Sorry, there isn't software to back up information to the media card.
    11-18-08 05:01 PM
    Sounds like your gonna need a pen and paper. BTW, how do you charge it now??
    11-18-08 05:21 PM
    I've never gotten it to work, but I think you can connect to the DM via bluetooth.
    11-18-08 06:31 PM
    Thanks for the replies.
    Slipdisc asked how I'm charging it now: take the battery out, put it in my girlfriend's BB to charge overnight. Pain in the ars.
    I'll try the bluetooth connection to DM. The Sprint store told me that won't work, but that doesn't mean anything.
    If anyone else has suggestions, please let me know.
    -a
    11-19-08 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD