Hello Everyone,

This is my first post. Let me first congratulate you all on the wonderful community that you have. I've had several phones (windows, palm, etc) and I've been part of different communities and this one is by far one of the most friendly and hepful communities I've seen.

I've had my curve since January and finally conviced my brother to get one. He's going to buy my curve and I will buy another one. My question is, if I do a full back up, what exactly is saved? Will settings, software licenses (jivetalk), bb messanger buddies, and email accounts save as well?

Thank you in advance,
    03-21-08 12:56 PM
    Welcome to CB

but i do believe from what i read you keep the email from jivetalk? and whatnot. but yeah full back up will keep your settings etc.
    03-21-08 01:00 PM
    If you do a back up on your computer, it should save everything and you can restore it to another BB device. When I switched from my Pearl to my Curve, It restored all emails, texts, phone logs, saved messages, themes, apps, etc. that I had on my Pearl. The ONLY problem I had was I had to re-enter some of the activation codes of some apps that I purchased (example-BB Smartview). Thankfully I saved all of my emails from my purchases that contained the codes I needed.
    Welcome to CB!
    03-21-08 01:03 PM
    Welcome to CB

But I do believe from what i read you keep the email from jivetalk? and whatnot. but yeah full back up will keep your settings etc.
    Thank you!

I don't keep the email from Jivetalk (I wasn't aware that they offered email ). I just wanted to know if the lincense is backed up as well or if I have to buy a new license.
    03-21-08 01:05 PM
    Welcome to CB
    03-21-08 01:06 PM
    Thank you!

I don't keep the email from Jivetalk (I wasn't aware that they offered email ). I just wanted to know if the lincense is backed up as well or if I have to buy a new license.
    Your welcome.

But yeah, they send a email to you?! I'm still on trial, so I wouldn't know yet. But if you didn't save it I guess email them and tell them your problem. If not then worse case purchase it again.
    03-21-08 01:13 PM
    Your welcome.

But yeah, they send a email to you?! I'm still on trial, so I wouldn't know yet. But if you didn't save it I guess email them and tell them your problem. If not then worse case purchase it again.

Ok now I get what you're saying. I'm sure I still have it since I don't delete emails (thank god for gmail )
    03-21-08 01:15 PM
    Yeah, I don't either. My gmail inbox is stacked. I use my gmail fowarded to my blackberry address. its all good.
    03-21-08 01:17 PM
    Hmm. I don't keep emails longer than a day, so that never worried me. I know all your settings, contacts, and service will be kept on a backup. It actually lists what is saved when you do it, but I really don't pay that much attention to it. I back up once a week or before I make a change.
    03-21-08 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD