Upgraded my BB Curve 8310 to 4.5.0.110. After doing so, the backlight on my keyboard ONLY works after remove and replacing the battery. Once the op sys boots, the backlight is dead and will not come on at all.

Current settings:

Backlight brightness: 100
    Timout: 2 min
    Auto Dim: off
    LED Coverage: off

I've tried every imaginable combination, but the keyboard backlight simply will not work, except under the circumstance described above (so I know that it's not burned out). Note this started immediately after the Curve was booted for the first time with 4.5. At this point, would consider rolling back to the previous version of software because not having a backlight is no good for me.

Please help.

BB Curve 8310 / AT&T
    v4.5.0.110 (platform 2.7.0.90)
    02-08-09 06:49 PM
    Have you tried turning auto dim on
    02-08-09 06:53 PM
    try doing a full reinstal of 4.5? are you with sprint or ATT?

sprint is usesing .131
    02-08-09 06:53 PM
    I'm using AT&T...have tried autodim on and off, neither way works. Will take JP's advise and to a full reinstall of 4.5, with the hope that it will take care of the problem.
    02-08-09 06:55 PM
    try doing a full reinstal of 4.5? are you with sprint or ATT?

sprint is usesing .131

8310 is. .124
    02-08-09 06:56 PM
    Goodluck with it, sometimes not everything takes the first time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 07:01 PM
    I'm having this exact same issue. Only see it after a battery pull while its booting up.

I just got this phone of ebay. It came with 4.2 installed and had a blank it policy. I upgraded it to 4.5 then used the jl util to do a resettofactory setting on it to remove the policy. Everything works great, cept the backlight.

At my sisters house right now, but will try reloading the software as soon as I get home.
    03-21-09 08:43 PM
    Well the OS version is not the problem with me.
    I reinstalled 4.5, no change.
    I downgraded to 4.2, no change.
    I reupgraded to 4.5, no change.

I know the backlight works. I'm guessing the sensor doesn't. The brightness of the screen stays the same no mater how dark (a completely dark room) or bright (outside in the sun) it is. Yes auto-dim is on.

Poo. I'm contacting the seller (a used phone store, not an individual) about his 14 day exchange policy. Only problem is the other 8310's he has listed on ebay aren't in as nice of condition as this one. They have more visible rub marks, etc. Wish I could fix this one.
    03-22-09 12:44 AM
    i have a 8330 with sprint, i had to go to their tech support to have it reset,
    luckily i had backedup data at home so i restored all my info, but i am not using 4.5 again,
    not sure what to do but to keep using old software
    03-22-09 01:00 AM
    I have mine with auto dim on, and with led coverage off. It works perfectly... Have you tried that combo? I think the led coverage is the culprit.

Last edited by kwmksavage; 03-22-09 at 03:01 AM.
    03-22-09 02:57 AM
    No luck with mine. If I turn on led coverage the led just blinks at me constantly.

03-22-09 08:53 AM
    I upgraded to the new version of desktop manager, and now the Storm backlight stays on all the time. I tried to reset it to several different times 45secs, 30 secs, etc: but it stays on until I power of the Storm. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
    04-12-09 04:27 PM
    I thought I had a problem too when I upgraded my 8310 Curve from 4.2 to 4.5. I always had auto-dim feature disabled, but after the upgrade it didn't seem to matter if it was enabled or not. After further testing it seems to be a new feature:

In very bright light (like the sun) the back light goes much brighter than the normal 100% level (whether auto-dim is enabled or not). It did not do that with the old version. I guess I can live with it now knowing how it works.
    05-26-09 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD