I want my backlight to stay on when I'm actively using my BB. I don't want it to light up then fade a few seconds later. My current backlight settings:

Brightness: 70
    Timeout: 2 minutes
    Auto Dim Backlight: Off
    LED Coverage Indicator: Off

I also use Auto Standby. I still want my BB to go into standby mode if I'm not using it. As long as I AM using it, tho, I want it fully lit. What settings do I need for that?

Many thanks!
    12-14-09 07:34 PM
    Nobody knows how to do this? Hard to believe.
    12-31-09 11:37 AM
    cheeto the settings you have rite now should allow the backlight to stay lit for 2 minutes at brightness 70. it should not being fading a few seconds later. when you changed it to 2 minutes did you press the return key and select save at the prompt? luv the bay!
    12-31-09 11:39 AM
    Cheeto, this is a prblm with 8330. I've been rnd and rnd bout this very subject. Auto dim funtion does not work on 8330, even when turned off, it still autodims...no one has ever been able to workaround or fix the prblm. I hate it since cant see the screen sometimes when it auto-dims. Sorry
    12-31-09 01:34 PM
    Bummer, but thank you both for responding.
    12-31-09 02:24 PM
    Nobody knows how to do this? Hard to believe.
    Somebody will always know, Cheeto.

What you want to do cannot be accomplished with just the settings of your phone. This is where 3rd party applications become golden.

OTA - www.tateu.net/software/bb.php?f=bblight

It works like Stay Lit on QuickLaunch.

Jack
    12-31-09 02:34 PM
    Awesome! Exactly what I wanted. Thank you!
    12-31-09 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD