Sometimes the backlight for my keyboard doesn't come on when I press a button and sometimes it does come on. I have no idea why this happens. I really haven't noticed it happening until I just recently upgrading to the latest OS. Is that a known problem with the new update?
    02-03-09 03:51 AM
    Do you mean after the phone has been in standby or when it's on and there is no backlight? There's a light sensor that determines if the backlight is necessary when you're typing a message or something like that.
    02-03-09 09:27 AM
    An easy way to turn on the keyboard lighting, if it does not come on...

Put your thumb over the LED indicator in the top right corner. The ambient light sensor is located there, too. It only takes a second and works every time
    02-03-09 09:35 AM
    The backlight lag is a side effect of .131. It happens when you try to activate your screen's backlight from timeout by clicking the trackball. The best way to keep it from lagging is to use the spacebar instead.
    02-03-09 09:49 AM
    What type of light conditions are you trying to get the keyboard to light up though? Sometimes the ambient light sensor screws it all up.
    02-03-09 09:50 AM
    Thanks guys. I wasn't aware that there was a light sensor that determined whether to turn on the backlight or not. That makes sense I guess, and the trick of putting your finger over the LED works as well. Thanks for that. It's just that with the installation of the new .131 update it seems I've just had a few minor issues with a few things. I'm thinking about doing a clean wipe and reinstall to see if it clears some things up. The backlight is one of the issues, another is sometimes my texts will say I received them at 2:52 PM, but my phone actually doesn't ring with a message until 3:00 PM or something similar. Thanks again for the help. This site is amazing.
    02-03-09 02:27 PM
    I wish there was a way to turn off the sensor and just have the phone be as bright as it can be all the time. I have three batteries so I don't care if it uses the battery faster. That should be a user choice. For now I have to put it under a light to get it bright. I guess that's my only complaint about the phone. I still haven't figured out what the Automatically dim back light option is for, I tried it off and on and it doesn't really help. Oh well.
    02-04-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD