Alright so i have my backlight set at 100, yes i like it bright. I also have the automatic dim set at 2 minutes. I also have the LED indicator off. But for some reason when ever i go to use my phone, the backlight is really bright for the first 3 seconds, and then it kind of flickers and goes back to like a 50% brightness on the scale, why is this happening ?! It annoys me and i like a constant bright screen. Thanks CrackBerry!
    01-26-09 05:48 PM
    I think what your talking about is the auto dim feature. The led light on the top of the device alos sensed daylight and dark. So when its dark it dims a little bit and when its day light it gets brighter to make it easier to see. I dont think you can change this but I could be wrong.
    01-26-09 05:54 PM
    In your screen/keyboard menu, you'll find the option to "automatically dim backlight". If you disable that, your screen will remain at your chosen brightness all the time, regardless of ambient lighting conditons. As to the brightness of the led indicator -- beats me!!
    01-26-09 06:02 PM
    Mine is set to off and it still changes in certian lighting situations.
    01-26-09 06:10 PM
    I knw you like the blacklight at 100%, but it's really not that noticeable a difference and it saves a lot of battery power if you set it lower. Just try setting it to 80% or 60%, not looking at the screen for a while and then going back. The difference in nearly imperceptible and most of it is psychological. I used to have it on 100%, not I have it on 10% (the lowest) and it's still perfectly readable. But it's your decision of course.
    01-26-09 07:14 PM
    You can set it to whatever you want, it will dim and brighten whenever it wants to...
    01-26-09 07:16 PM
    You can set it to whatever you want, it will dim and brighten whenever it wants to...
    very true, it has a mind of its own.
    *as i type this i watch my screen change 2 times*haha
    01-26-09 07:17 PM
    haha^ alright sweet thanks, im thnking about taken her down a notch to save some batt.
    01-26-09 07:33 PM
    Alright so i have my backlight set at 100, yes i like it bright. I also have the automatic dim set at 2 minutes. I also have the LED indicator off. But for some reason when ever i go to use my phone, the backlight is really bright for the first 3 seconds, and then it kind of flickers and goes back to like a 50% brightness on the scale, why is this happening ?! It annoys me and i like a constant bright screen. Thanks CrackBerry!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Yea mine does the same thing-& I have the auto dim thing disabled! Lol-guess the curve just does that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 07:45 PM
    Is there a third party application that can take control of backlight brightness settings?

My office at work has just the right amount of lighting that the blackberry can't decide whether it's bright or dark. So it's constantly changing the backlight on me every couple seconds. Very annoying.
    02-02-09 10:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD