Hi all, I've had my 8330 for a week now and love it (anything is better compared to that POS Instinct), but I've notice something add with the backlight and was wonder if this is normal or a defect...

I have the backlight set to 70% brightness, but every now and then it will light-up to what appears to be brighter than the 100% setting. This will last for a few seconds before going down to 70%, other times it will fluctuate between the two. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the lighting conditions of where I might be at the time I know the BB senses those kind of things.
    10-01-08 08:57 AM
    I don't think BB's sense the light conditions (but that would be AWESOME!!) so it may be something else. What actions have you done to the phone? Battery pull, OS upgrade, drop the phone, so on...
    10-01-08 09:00 AM
    I don't think BB's sense the light conditions (but that would be AWESOME!!) so it may be something else. What actions have you done to the phone? Battery pull, OS upgrade, drop the phone, so on...
    With the exception of a battery pull, none of the above. It's not a major issue, just something I've been curious about.
    10-01-08 09:18 AM
    Actually it does. You can test it under Options - Status then type "test" and a diagnostic menu will come up, run the "misc" and in there you will find a light sensor test.
    10-01-08 09:20 AM
    Actually it does. You can test it under Options - Status then type "test" and a diagnostic menu will come up, run the "misc" and in there you will find a light sensor test.
    I figured it must - how else could it detect whether it's in a holster or not?
    10-01-08 09:29 AM
    For the holster, it uses the magnet located inside the holster to detect weather it is in the holster or not. You can also go to options-screen/keyboard to set back light setting and turn the auto dim feature on or off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 09:34 AM
    Actually the BB does have a sensor that dims or brightens the screen.

options>screen/keyboard>scroll down to automatically dim backlight> you can select on or off.

The strange thing is....even if you select off, it still dims the screen in different lighting situations.
    10-01-08 09:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD