I have noticed that ever since I upgraded to 4.5 my backlight seems to be doing some weird things. It seems like when I am in a more well lit area my backlight is brighter but when I move to a less lit area it gets dimmer, seems backwards to me. It seems like before I upgraded the light would dim when it was in idle for a bit but when I would move the trackball or push a button it would brighten back up. Anyone have any ideas of how I can fix this? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 07:43 PM
    Actually that's what it's suppose to do. If you walk into a dark room there would be no reason for the screen to get brighter since it can easily be seen.
    04-02-09 07:49 PM
    Aye that is normal - it seems backwards in my head as well but it makes sense. If the room is too dark if it got super bright it would blind ya

It is normal - I had the same function on 4.2 as I do on 4.5
    04-02-09 07:53 PM
    But why would it get brighter in a brighter room?

04-02-09 07:54 PM
    Because the ambient light level is higher, so you're not getting eyestrain.

04-02-09 08:11 PM
    I"ll give you an example, your dash in your car is backlighted. Have you ever turned it up all the way at night? If it is up high, you are looking back and forth from the road to the dash. Each time, your eyes are adjusting almost constantly.

Now, turn them down, amd by the end of the drive, you will be less drained, your eyes aren't as tired, and you will feel better when done.

04-02-09 08:16 PM
    If you dont like it you can adjust it under screen/keyboard options
    04-02-09 09:52 PM
    Im soooo happy that im not the only nutcase who noticed the backlight changing! haha
    I dont find it to be that annoying but i never had a phone that adjusted on its own. I dont mind it tho.
    04-03-09 12:26 AM
    thats why they call it a smartphone
    04-03-09 12:31 AM
    Wow, I feel kind of stupid myself and kind of amazed. I just got my Curve a week or so ago. I have noticed that it gets brighter and dimmer sometimes but I just figured that it was something to help with battery life. This phone really is awesome and so is crackberry. I've learned a lot and just keep learning everyday.
    04-03-09 02:54 AM
    the sensor for the dimmer is packed in with the led on top of your screen. some people actually dont like that it dims.. i love it.
    04-03-09 02:56 AM
    I thought mine was messed up for the first week or so when I would notice it doing that. Ha ha! Then I was "just in the neighborhood" and asked my sales guy why, to which he explained.
    04-03-09 04:03 AM
    you can turn the 'auto dim backlight' to "OFF" in the screen/keyboard settings. you can also adjust backlight brightness.

*did not read any other posts. sry if i repeated another post.
    04-03-09 06:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD