Hello,
    I've been reading the forums trying to find a way to back up (either online or popssibly to email) my saved SMS texts. I don't care of the texts that are currently in my inbox, but more about the ones I've moved into the saved folder. I currently have about 100 of them, so forwarding them each one by one to my email wouldn't be fun.

I've installed and tried both SkyDeck and DexRex and it doesn't seem that either of them backed up my saved texts, just what is currently in my inbox.

Is there an application out there (prefer free, but cheap is fine too) which does specifically that?

Or would I have to move everything into my inbox again and the sync with one of the programs?

Thanks very much, and Happy New Year!
    12-28-09 02:26 PM
    Use desktop manager to back up your phone and it will save them

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 04:09 PM
    Yes, a backup of your phone will save them. However, if you ever want to read them again afterwards, you will need an .ipd reader. I use ABC Amber Blackberry Converter, which is not free. However there is a trial you could try to see if it does what you'd like. It reads the .ipd file and allows you to save all the messages, SMS or whatever into a Word, RTF, or txt file.
    Here is the link:Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor, parse, convert, backup and archive IPD and BBB files to CHM, PDF, HTML, Word, Access, Excel, CSV, IPD Extractor
    12-28-09 04:37 PM
    Thank you both for the help. I think that I may give the ABC Amber Blackberry Converter a try. I have been reading about that app many times throughout the forum.

I did find a program called Treasure My Texts but that's pretty much the same as forwarding the text to my email, where I need to forward my text to another number and then later go in and edit who sent it, and at what time.

I'll give ABC a try before deleting some of these precious texts. I just didn't realize that with programs like mIQlive, DexRex and SkyDeck that they don't backup texts which have already been saved prior to having the application loaded, which is where my dilemma is.
    12-28-09 06:48 PM
    Quick question, with ABC work with Macs? Because that's what I have. I just purchased my Mac too, so I'm not too familiar with it yet.
    12-28-09 07:18 PM
    No. ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter will not work with a Mac. You need Windows to use it.
    12-28-09 07:47 PM
    Figures. I've been looking online for various .ipd readers for Macs and I haven't come across anything. Does anyone know off the top of their head?

In the mean time, I have been working with TreasureMyText but I'd still like something more solid and concrete if possible. And the .ipd reader would be the best out there, since I did do a backup today.
    12-28-09 09:56 PM
    01-06-10 06:04 AM
    Figures. I've been looking online for various .ipd readers for Macs and I haven't come across anything. Does anyone know off the top of their head?

In the mean time, I have been working with TreasureMyText but I'd still like something more solid and concrete if possible. And the .ipd reader would be the best out there, since I did do a backup today.
    Check out the Missing Sync for Mac which can backup your SMS Messages.

BlackBerry Mac Synchronization via Bluetooth with The Missing Sync

Also appears to be a way to read the messages with the software.

John
    01-06-10 04:41 PM
    I think mIQ might work too and it's free. You can google it and download it, it's from BestBuy mobile.
    01-06-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD