How can I back up my phone numbers from my BB to my SIM card (Tmobile)? I've already done a backup of my phone in general, but I don't want to loose my contacts. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
    05-01-10 08:18 AM
    You have to copy phone numbers to the SIM one at a time. Open a contact, select one phone number, press Menu and select "Copy to SIM Phone Book." Note also that the SIM phone book can only hold one number per name, so if you have a land line and a cell number, you can't save them both to the SIM under the same name. Backing up your contacts to a PC as you have already done is a better general solution for these reasons.
    05-01-10 08:45 AM
    The problem is that there isn't a "Copy to SIM" or "Send to SIM" or anything like that for most of these number that I need backed up, and they're not in my SIM phone book (I just checked).
    05-01-10 09:25 AM
    Are you opening the individual contact, selecting the specific number you want to copy, then pressing Menu?
    05-01-10 10:21 AM
    Are you opening the individual contact, selecting the specific number you want to copy, then pressing Menu?
    Here's a couple of screens of what you see when you do this:

Open the contact number you want to add to SIM:

Press menu key:

05-01-10 10:41 AM
    Thanks y'all! Part of my problem is my SIM contact list was full...of duplicates of the numbers. Some were in there twice, but at least half were in there 4 times! *sigh* I got it all cleared out and was able to get the numbers in there. Thanks for the help!
    05-01-10 04:05 PM
    Thanks y'all! Part of my problem is my SIM contact list was full...of duplicates of the numbers. Some were in there twice, but at least half were in there 4 times! *sigh* I got it all cleared out and was able to get the numbers in there. Thanks for the help!
    Thats good. There's lots of helpful stuff here on Crackberry. I don't know
    how I got by without knowing about this site.
    05-01-10 04:08 PM
    As an added layer of protection you can download Google sync and have your contacts and calendar sync wirelessly.

You can also export your contacts from Desktop Manager as a .csv file and save that as a backup. Then if you ever change your phone to something else like *gasp* an Android phone, you can easily import your contacts into gmail.
    05-01-10 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD