I've been trying to back up my phone. It backs up but I can not open files on the computer so I don't know if information will restore back to phone. How do I view files on my computer? Any help would be great. I have to bring my phone in for service and I am afraid of losing everything. Thanks..
    12-24-09 07:43 AM
    I assume you mean you are backing it up with Desktop Manager. If so as long as you can see the backup file on your computer , then you should be good. You can't veiw the info in that folder though. When you get your phone back you can hook it up and hit restore and you'll be good. If you want, you could back up your adress book,tasks and calendar to Outlook or Google. You would be able to access that data on your computer.
    FYI. Desktop Manager will NOT back up your 3rd party apps automatically. It is possible to back them up by using another method which is somewhat more complicated. You can seach it here if needed.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by wallpaperguy; 12-24-09 at 08:04 AM.
    12-24-09 08:01 AM
    Thank you for your help... Am I able to view my pictures that are backed up? Farely new to this so I am unsure. Thanks again!!
    12-24-09 08:12 AM
    I've heardof people using this program to open backup (IPD) files on their PC. I have no experience with it, however. You may find more info about it in the desktop manager section of crackberry.
    12-24-09 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD