I have been on BES with my Curve 8330 for almost 8 months. During that time, I have had no problems backing up the device with desktop manager. I recently had an issue with the trackball on the device and had to send it back to Verizon for a refurb. Reloading of the software and information went fine, but when I tried to do a backup of the new device I got an error. The error occurred during the backup of the "Location based Services" database. I called Verizon with the problem and the rep said that you could not do a normal backup on DM with a device that was on BES. I stated that on my earlier device I did not have any problems and he said that he was surprised and that it was the first he had ever heard of anyone being able to backup when on BES. Is this true? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    06-19-09 08:13 AM
    First I've ever heard of that one. I'm on BES and back up fairly often. Sounds to me like the CS just didn't want to work through the problem and made up an excuse.
    06-19-09 08:37 AM
    BES for me on Verizon, backup frequently, no problems. Although it's probably not necessary, it even backs up the Outlook databases (I say probably not necessary because if the device failed I'd probably just start over with a new OTA Outlook sync).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 08:46 AM
    I am unsure if I should continue to pursue this issue. Could this be a hardware problem with the Refurb unit?
    06-19-09 09:14 AM
    I doubt it's a hardware problem, but I guess it's possible.. LBS is for the GPS, so do you happen to have any GPS app running in the background? If so, shut it down. You might also try turning the radio off before attempting the backup.
    06-19-09 09:50 AM
    Well, I upgraded to OS 4.5.161 and the problem is fixed. So the CS at Verizon did not have all the facts or as mentioned earlier did not want to help me with the issue.
    06-19-09 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD