I thought I would ask while I see the experts are around. I like to set different images as a background, most of which don't share the same height width ratio as the BB screen. This is all fine but the blank background around the border of the pics is gray. I would prefer this be black. Any ideas?
    11-18-08 04:28 PM
    Open the image in media > menu > options > fill screen > then save as wallpaper.
    11-18-08 04:37 PM
    That works on a few images, but there are some i really like that have a much greater height than width. This causes it to zoom in were most of the pic is missing...
    11-18-08 04:46 PM
    Open the image in media > menu > options > fill screen > then save as wallpaper.
    This will work. But alter the aspect ratio of the picture. Which at times can be less then satisfactory. So on picture like that I create a black background in Photochop and the paste the picture on top of that ending up with the correct pixel count.
    Last edited by krs7272; 11-18-08 at 04:51 PM.
    11-18-08 04:47 PM
    That's the beauty of the BB, the screen has enough detail to use a image that doesn't fit the screens width... I just need the remaining background to be black, if its possible.
    Nothing bothers me more that a picture that has been compressed or stretched.
    11-18-08 04:54 PM
    This will work. But alter the aspect ratio of the picture. Which at times can be less then satisfactory. So on picture like that I create a black background in Photochop and the paste the picture on top of that ending up with the correct pixel count.

I see your point, I could do that, I was just hoping for a easier solution...
    11-18-08 04:57 PM
    If you use the wallpaper creator on this website, you can chose to keep the aspect ratio and change the background color to whatever you like. I've done it a few times.

http://wallpapers.crackberry.com/wallpaper/maker
    11-18-08 07:04 PM
    use a photo editor and crop it to 320 x 240 exactly and then this will not be an issue if distortion is what your worried about. You may lose some of the pic but at least it will maintain the aspect ratio.
    11-18-08 07:09 PM
    Thanks for the tips everyone!
    11-18-08 07:45 PM
    I use google images, and make my own with photobucket
    11-18-08 07:48 PM
    I use google images, and make my own with photobucket
    Same here, it is really easy too...
    11-18-08 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD