I think I found my solution to getting the 3rd party gps programs to launch. If you start VZ Navigator, and you can either back out or quit the app, just as long as it started, you can use such items such as Roblock like I am. I have a 8330 and when trying to use where, it shoudl popup a map on the computer, but then when i load vz navigator, it works. Hence you dont have to have VZ navigator running the whole time if you want to use 3rd party apps, just load it once and either exit or quit the app. But my question is how can we get vz navigator to auto start so that the gps comes on when the app is loaded.

Looking for a way for vz navigator to automatically load upon bootup of BB.
    08-31-08 08:06 PM
    Do you know how to code BB apps? If so I imagine it would be possible to send a call to open the nav app then the 3rd party app and then automatically close the nav app once the 3rd party app is open. I know you can do that in windows using an app you code. I have coded apps to automate app launches and exits.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-08 03:00 AM
    Do you know how to code BB apps? If so I imagine it would be possible to send a call to open the nav app then the 3rd party app and then automatically close the nav app once the 3rd party app is open. I know you can do that in windows using an app you code. I have coded apps to automate app launches and exits.

I have no programming experience. Anyting else that could help? I found the problem. Now looking for the solution.

09-01-08 02:21 PM
    Unfortunately I know of nothing to do other than to code a special purpose app to do it. Perhaps someone with experience coding for BB could do that for you. But I doubt it can be designed to be general purpose so you would need a different one for each app you need the automation for. And this is all assuming that the BBOS has routines for another app to make calls to another app to open and exit.

09-01-08 11:57 PM
    I'd still rather get a puck, it's cheaper on the long run and you can use it with other devices too.

09-02-08 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD