how can i get it to change time automatically. i live in the est area and i went to chicago which is on cst. the time on the phone didn't change over. is there a way for it to do that. i have it setup on network and i tried playiing around but the time wouldn't change. on the bottom where it says network time it was displaying right.
    08-29-09 12:20 PM
    BlackBerry devices as of this writing do not automatically change time zones. You have to do it manually. See the Time Zone Issues link in my sig for a full explanation. I have been told that OS 5.0 gives users this option, but I have not seen it yet.
    08-29-09 12:43 PM
    You would think that the BlackBerry would do this...that is kind of annoying - a lot of simple things that one would think the BB would do doesn't, and regular phones do...oh well, I still love it!
    08-29-09 12:52 PM
    @BerrySky - did you actually read JeffH's link? It explains rather eloquently that it is not a mistake, not an oversight, and not simple. If it automatically changed time zones, the appointments of all BlackBerry-carrying time zone travelers the world over would be messed up every time they changed time zones,

Far from being annoying, it is an extremely elegant solution to a complex problem. I speak as one who crosses time zones a lot, and it is a comfort to know that all my appointments will alert me at the correct time regardless of which time zone it was scheduled in or which time zone I happen to be in at the moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 02:16 PM
    Ahh, okay then, thanks! Sorry about that, I did read it (skimmed through it)
    08-29-09 02:33 PM
    So glad I read this on time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD