I just got my new t mobile Curve 8320 last week and I believe I have figured EVERYTHING out except auto text. I have gone to options under sms text and set the disable auto text to no and still nothing. How is it supposed to work, shouldn't it correct mispelled words as I type as long as the mispelled word is on the auto text list? Am I incorrect? How does it work? Please help, this is bugging the crap outta me! Thanx, Kirk

*I have had this posted all day with no responses. Doesn't anyone know how to enable auto text?!?!? I thought ya"ll were CrackBerry addicts!!!!!!!! What gives?
    Last edited by tunesoul; 11-21-07 at 11:27 PM.
    11-21-07 09:49 AM
    I am having the same problem, I have auto text enabled, I even went into the auto text list and mispelled all the words in the manner it was supposed to change them, and it never worked.

I have a black berry curve through AT&T.
    01-04-08 11:50 AM
    hmm, I just turned auto text off, saved it, then turned it back on and it is working now, try that.
    01-04-08 11:53 AM
    I also just got an 8320 Curve phone (am on T-Mobile) and I can't get the auto text to work. I've checked the SMS settings and it is supposedly on since it says "Disable Auto Text: No". I've tried to reset the phone by removing the battery and replacing it. I've tried selecting Disable "yes" saving that and then resetting it to Disable "no" and nothing's worked so far.

I've never been able to get it to work since my phone arrived. Any suggestions on how to fix this? It's frustrating to have such an expensive phone and I can't even get auto texting/predictive texting to work for sending SMS texts, Emails, etc. It's sad that my old cheap phone even had it and it worked.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to fix this.
    07-21-08 01:50 PM
    Try this test.

Open Memo and type a c n (no spaces). If it changes to can, autotext is working correctly.

Does anybody have autotext with SMS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 02:15 PM
    And I quote myself from a thread on this same thing, from not even an hour ago :

AutoText does not do what you guys think it does. There is an AutoText list and it only corrects certain things.

The device would need an enormous database of words in order to predict all of the different possibilities and corrections!

AutoText is not predictive text entry (in its fullest) and it is not spell check! You can manually add new entries to AutoText if you like...

For example... if you type oclock, it should change to o'clock. It makes minor changes like those... which are already added into the AutoText list

AutoText is working fine, but I do not think you are unserstanding its functionality...
    @powerst : Welcome to CB!! But please check to see if someone has answered your Q on your other post before resurrecting another thread on the same topic
    07-21-08 02:22 PM
    can't stand the auto-text. GL to all.
    07-21-08 02:24 PM
    bmc beat me to it.....
    07-21-08 02:44 PM
    Try this test.

Open Memo and type a c n (no spaces). If it changes to can, autotext is working correctly.

Does anybody have autotext with SMS?
    cn was not in my default autotext list. try acn (should change to "can")

autotext works for me in sms.
    07-21-08 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD