When I use my Curve/8320 at home and work I utilize my WiFi. I find when I set my browser to Hotspot it runs much quicker but when I leave the WiFi if I don't reset the browser to Internet I have trouble viewing certain sites.

Is there anyway I can auto switch from one to the other depending on where I am?
    10-22-08 03:26 PM
    I have the same problem. Calling will automatically switch, but you have to change the browser setting.
    10-22-08 03:38 PM
    Try setting your data preference to wifi preferred. It should fail over to EDGE if wifi is unavailable. And use wifi if available.
    10-22-08 03:41 PM
    Try setting your data preference to wifi preferred. It should fail over to EDGE if wifi is unavailable. And use wifi if available.
    That's how I've got mine set, but as TheBronx said, some site fail with the Hotspot browser on EDGE. I get the attached message
    10-22-08 03:55 PM
    I am set to WiFi preferred but still have to manually change the browser setting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 03:57 PM
    Is it when you are clicking on a bookmark? If you saved a bookmark with the hotspot/wifi browser as the default, then it will fail over EDGE when there is no wifi network available.
    10-22-08 04:06 PM
    I started this thread at home with WiFi and browser set to Hotspot. I subscribed to the thread and left. In the car I received an email that there was a post and when I clicked on the link I received a msg that it required a WiFi connection. After I switched it everything was fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 04:17 PM
    I actually start bookmarks with browser set to wifi and it works on EDGE. Seems to me it could be somewhat site specific.
    10-22-08 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD