I really like the autoshutoff feature, but because this is my emergency callout phone, I can't use it. Subsequently, at 5:00 am... 8:00 eastern standard... my blog daily sends start coming in, and, if I haven't set my phone to phone only, I start getting chimes while I'm still asleep. (at least for the last 15 minutes)

What I'm looking for, or, if it's not available, what I'm suggesting as a future fix, is to have an automatic shutoff that turns off everything except for the phone. That way I can receive calls but not have to worry about all the other alerts. It would be great to set it to turn off at 10:00 PM and then back on at 6:00AM so I don't have to keep setting the profile. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, Greg
    08-01-08 06:03 PM
    Sorry - this one's on you. I hear you - The last thing I need is a 3:30 a.m. email notification that the local golf store is having a huge blowout on plaid pants.

I just created a profile to suit my needs and it's part of the nighttime ritual - alarm set, profile set, charger plugged in. I can get phone calls if necessary, but emails and texts (except business ones I made an exception for) get filtered until morning.
    08-01-08 06:15 PM
    Why not just use the Phone profile? This will disable all notifications except for the phone.
    08-01-08 06:15 PM
    When I go to sleep I just change profiles and change back when I get up. Since I don't want to be disturbed by notifications I use the silent profile. The only thing that ignores the profile is my alarms to wake me up when its time to get up. You can create custom profiles too if you don't wish to alter the premade ones or use them for other things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD