Ok. I am still trying to calm down.....I have a 8310 with AT&T OS 4.2.2.184. While using my bluetooth yesterday in the middle of a call my phone just rebooted. I looked down and had the white screen with the hourglass. My battery had plenty of juice. As my home screen came there was a load bar that said something like "security check load" with some file name or something. But the part I am upset about is the fact that my bbreaker game in progress where I was over 500,000 points with 70 lives was gone!!!!!! I never turn my phone off. At least the last time I did was to upgrade the os to .184. Anyone have any suggestions? Why did this happen? I assume my score is lost forever!!!! Thanks. Love the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-08 07:55 AM
    It could be because of the upgrade but at the same time you should turn your device off at least once a day for about 15 min. It is hard for me to pin point what happened with the device.
    08-11-08 08:31 AM
    Sorry to hear it messed up on ya.

I think that you may mean OS 4.2.2.194 which is what I am running. I too have an AT&T 8310 and it has never messed up on that OS. I have had random reboots on all the OS 4.5 betas from .10 - .69.

4.2.2.194 is super stable.

I do a battery pull once in a while when I think of it but that works out about once a week on average. This is a good thing to do and I reccomend that you too do this when you think of it.

The Security Check bar is normal and happens with every battery pull.
    08-11-08 09:36 AM
    This probably happened because BrickBreaker got overloaded haha

@cut : I have never heard that it is good to turn off the device for 15 minutes every day Is there any solid evidence or some article to back that up?
    08-11-08 09:39 AM
    If it's not rebooting constantly, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

But forget the reboot, what's your BrickBreaker secret??

08-11-08 09:44 AM
    If it's not rebooting constantly, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

But forget the reboot, what's your BrickBreaker secret??

How many levels are even in BrickBreaker...?

I have played about 5 times, haha... and have not beat it once
    08-11-08 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD